"Uncle Bobby & Jason Keaton"

Kendrick Lamar Duckworth.

After my lunch date or just lunch with Marley, I couldn't stop thinking about her. It was like old times all over again. Thinking of her made me happy and put a smile on my face. She's the same old Marley, just in a thicker body now. Back in the day she was a little skinny kid and didn't have a butt or boobs. Over the years she developed and grew in all the right places. I mean she was always attractive to me, but I never said anything to her about it. You ever had feelings for a close friend of yours but didn't want to say anything because you didn't want to ruin y'all relationship? That's how it was with me. I wish I had the courage to tell her how I felt back then and I think I still feel now. That would of been me with her by my side walking down the red carpet. I just wish I had the courage.

Speaking of Marley, I tried to call her a few times but she didn't answer. As usual. Every since our lunch date I feel like she is advioding me. Did I do something to her to make her mad at me? Shit I don't recall doing anything. Maybe it's just her time of month and she being bitchy for no reason. Oh well she'll call me when she wants to talk to me. Hopefully that will be soon.

-

Today was not a busy day, it was my off day. I was just chilling at home. Just trying to relax on my day off. I only got a few days off every month and I try to make the best of them. Since I didn't feel like going outside I decided to stay in. It's nothing wrong with staying in the house and wanting to be alone. I was constantly surrounded by people and sometimes I get tired of that and would rather be alone. My phone began to ring and I assumed it was Marley calling me. I knew that she'd come around and call me.

"Aye baby girl, you finally called." I said into the phone as soon as I answered it. "Kendrick, this your mother." I was in shock and slightly embarrassed. My assumption was completely wrong. Why was my mom calling me? What does she want from me? It's my off day and I just want to relax not be talked to death by my mom. "Yes mom.".. "I got something to tell you." I knew it had to be bad news. "What is it?" I asked being inpatient as my mother took a moment to reply back. "Remember your friend Jason.. Jason Keaton?" What happen to my homie Jason? Did he get killed or shot at? All these thoughts run through my head and I sigh into the phone. "Yea.." I was dreading hearing my mother's answer. I hope nothing bad happened to my nigga Jason. "Well he got arrested a few months back." I knew he had it coming, he always stayed in trouble. Shaking my head. "A few months back?" I questioned. I was wondering how long he been in there and why I'm just finding out about this. "Yea.. seven and a half months ago." She said in a sad tone. Surprisingly my mother liked Jason a lot, more than any of my other friends. I didn't know why but it didn't bother me. "Da.." I was about to curse but caught myself. "That's crazy.".. "He wrote you a letter seven days ago. I sent your bodyguard over to send you the letter."

As soon as she said that, my bodyguard walked through the door holding a letter. He handed it to me and walked away. "Thanks man." I said as he walked away. I realized I was still on the phone with my mother. "Yeah I just got the letter. Thanks for calling mom." I told my mother. "No problem baby. Call me if you need anything.".. "Okay." I say as I hang up the phone. I sit back on the couch and took a deep breath. I tore the envelope open and pulled out the letter. I started reading the letter, taking into consideration everything he said to me. Once I finished reading the letter, it took me awhile to process everything that happened. My homie got arrested for robbing some punk niggas and they ratted to the cops. Then he had shoot out wuth the cops. Shaking my head. I told him to stop messing with those niggas.

I picked up a piece of paper and a pen. Then I began writing my homie Jason back. I finished the letter and began thinking. I walked to my room and got my yellow note pad which I use to write my lyrics on. I flipped through the notepad until I found an empty page. I began writing: