"Thanksgiving"

Kendrick Lamar Duckworth.

"The good kid from the mad city

Holding a cereal box instead of a Glock

In a 1992 Cadillac that I got from my pops

Transmission slipping, but I ain't tripping, swallow my pride

Pop in my tape and roll the window, down

Like Stacie homie when airing out endo

I wish a nigga would"

"OMG!" We both began laughing. "You used to say that all that time. You thought you were so cool." I sucked my teeth. "Because I was cool. Don't hate the playa, hate the game." Marley smiled and laughed at me. We were having breakfast and reminiscing on old times. I bit a piece of my bacon. "So what are we doing today K.Dot?" "It's a surprise. I know you'll like it." She rolled her eyes at me. "I hate surprises." I laughed. "Well you are going to like this one." She smacked her teeth. "I better." I smiled a devilish grin.

I had a lot planned for today. When we were younger Marley would always tell me about all the things that she wanted to do. But being a kid growing up in Compton, we never got a chance to do those things. What better time to do those things than now. I just want her to realize that Benjamin isn't good enough for her. I will show her how a real man should be treating his women. Maybe after all of this, she will come to her sense and leave him. And realize that there is a real man out there waiting for her. But that real man won't wait forever.

-

Marley held onto my hand tight as I guided her to our first destination. I had a blindfold over her eyes because I wanted to surprise her. "Are we there yet?" I chuckled. "If you ask me that one more time." "We have been walking forever and I'm ready to take this blindfold off." After a few more minutes of walking we reached our destination. It was in the woods and we were the only ones here. Marley was observing our surroundings. By her facial expression, you could tell she was confused.

I thought it would be best for me to explain to her where we were at and why. So I spoke up, "Remember that day on Thanksgiving when we sat on my roof, smoking and got dumb high?" "Um. Yeah." She said in a tone that explained that she was still confused as to why we were here. "Remember you told me that you wanted to do these things but couldn't bc we lived in Compton?" I asked her. "Yeah." "Do you remember what those things were?" I asked hoping she would remember. "Yeah. Bungy Jumping, Zip Lining, fishing and swim with dolphins."

A devilish grin grew on my face as she named all those things. She realized that, that's what we were doing today and she started cheesing. "We are going to do all those things today except for swimming with the dolphins, instead we will go to a pool." She jumped up and down excitedly. She wrapped her arms around my neck and wrapped mines around her waist. We embraced in a hug before she pulled away. "What are we doing first?" She asked with such excitement. "Zip Lining."

We made our way over to the instructor. He told us the instructions and rules we had to follow, even demonstrating ways we could go on the zip lining. Marley went first and she wasn't afraid at all. She lifted her feet up and off she went. As she screamed in joy and excitement, I snapped a few pictures. Once she made it to the end of the line, they unlatched her. Then it was my turn. I'm not gone lie I am afraid of heights. I swallowed my spit hard as I looked at how high up I was. If I fell, I'd be a goner and I'm not ready to die yet.

Marley must have saw the nervousness in my face because she started cheering me on. "GO KENDRICK! DON'T BE SCARED, IT'S FUN!" She yelled. Her encouragement gave me the strength to lift my feet up and before I know it I was on the zip line. At first I was terrified, but after a while it was fun and it got my pulse racing. It brung excitement and joy to my body. My turn was over and they unlatched me. I walked over to Marley who had the biggest smile plastered on her face. "Wasn't that so much fun?" She asked me. "I ain't gone lie I was scared at first but it was fun." I chuckled. "What's next?" "Bungy Jumping."

Thirty minutes later, we arrived at a bridge. Today was a pretty hot day so this event would help us cool off and get our blood boiling with excitement at the same time. After speaking to the instructor and getting into the appropriate attire to do this event, we stood on the edge of the bridge. The bridge was over top water, it could have been a lake or river, I wasn't too sure about it. "On the count of three, I want you two to jump." The instructor told us and we shook our heads indicating that we understood. Marley and I both looked at each other as we held hands. "ONE.. TWO.. THREE.. JUMP!"

We took a step off of the bridge and dropped down. It was a scary and amazing feeling. The wind blew on us as we dropped. If felt like the whole world was upside and life was moving so fast. It sent energy through my body and that felt amazing. We stopped barely three inches above the water. If the bungy chord was any longer, we would be underwater and probably be dead. They snapped pictures of us right before they pulled us up. We slipped back into our regular clothing. I paid for the pictures and we were on our way to our next activity. "Fishing is next."

We sat on a boat, both of us with fishing rods in hand. Fifteen minutes past and we still didn't catch anything. "Man this shit is dumb. Where are the fucking fish at?" I say in an aggressive tone. I snatch my fishing rod out of the water. Marley began to laugh. "What's so funny?" "You." She says still laughing. "What about me?" "Be patient Kendrick and the fish will come to you. Just be patient." I sucked my teeth. "Man fuck all that." I picked up my fishing rode again and put it back in the water.

The sun was setting as we sat in the boat. Still we didn't catch any fish. All of sudden the boat started to shake. "I got a fish! I think I got a fish!" Marley said. I pulled my fishing ride out of the water and went to help Marley. We both pulled on the fishing rod as Marley rolled up the string. Once all the string was rolled up, a fish was on the hook. I quickly retrieved an ice box, where we stored the huge fish we caught. "About time we caught something. Now we can eat." "What we gone eat?" "This fish."

-

"Mmmm. This fish is good Kendrick." Marley said as she chewed on the piece of fish in her mouth. I chuckled. "Yeah, you know Chef Boyar Kendrick over here." I popped my imaginary collar. "I put my foot in it." She laughed. We continued to eat the dinner I prepared and had small talk. I sat back in my seat. "I'm full now." "Psh. Me too." Marley rubbed her belly. "I had a great time today Kendrick. I can't believe you even remembered I said all that stuff on Thanksgiving." She smiled. "Yeah. Just wanted to give you what you always wanted."

"Can we get in the pool now?" I looked down at my wrist and noticed that I didn't have my watch on anymore. I forgot that I took it off so it wouldn't get wet in the pool. All I had on was swimming trunks with my boxers underneath. Marley had on an orange bikini, she looked good. "Yeah I guess it has been thirty minutes." We both get up from the table. Before she could go down the steps into the pool, I picked her up and threw her in the pool. She jumped up in the water, catching her breath and rubbing her eyes.

She looked at me and mugged me. I laughed as I walked down the steps and into the pool. She splashed water in my face and I did the same to her. We continued to splash water at each other until I grabbed her. I pulled her close to me so that we were eye to eye. She looked in my eyes as I looked in hers. We inched closer and closer, then we kissed. Sharing a long passionate kiss.