Prologue

"Everyone on this Earth has at least one soul mark. You may be asking: What is a soul mark? Well, a soul mark is a symbol or design that appears on one's skin when his or her soulmate is born. It's like a tattoo, but without the pain that comes with getting it. The soul mark first appears as a pale gray. Once the person finds his or her soulmate, the soul mark will turn black. The soulmates then can feel each others emotions and feelings. As I said before, everyone has at least one soul mark. However, on some occasions, some people have been blessed with more than one soul mark. In ancient writings, it is said that those whom have been blessed with multiple soulmates are the ones with bigger souls and hearts. So far, the most soulmates one has had are 3."

I rolled my eyes and tuned out my history teacher. Why would you call someone with multiple soulmates blessed? Why would you assume that person would have a "bigger soul and heart?" That's a whole load of bull right there.

Why am I so bitter about this subject? Well, I wouldn't say I'm blessed. And I definitely wouldn't say I have a bigger heart and soul than others. But guess what? I still have multiple soul marks anyway. Yep, in fact, I actually have 9.

9.