Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

The way he said it sort of hurt Hermione.

            “…and don’t you ever make me regret it either.” To her it was sort of like a threat and it scared her. What would happen to her if she did make him regret it? What if she couldn’t go through with being his mate? What would he do to her?

            Hermione’s eyes got big and her throat dried up because she had nothing to say to him. She released his hand and McGonagall spoke.

            “Alright. Draco your mother will be taken to Azkaban in a few hours so if you want to say your goodbyes then-” Draco’s face scrunched up and he stormed out of the room.

            “It was him, wasn’t it?” Hermione asked of the Headmistress. “His mother made him do it.” McGonagall’s face faltered.

            “I’m afraid so, dear. The boy feels awfully guilty too.”

I’m sorry Hermione. I’m going to have to die.

            There wasn’t a signature but Hermione knew who it was from. She ran to the Great Hall and over to the Slytherin table where Draco was sitting with a few of his house friends.

            “Malfoy, I need to have a word with you,” she said in a stern and angry tone. Her hands were on her hips. Draco looked back and forth between her and his fellow Slytherins.

            “Go away Granger, I’m busy and haven’t got time for any of your rubbish.” Hermione looked around and none of the teachers were glancing her way, so she pulled out her wand and stuck it right up to Draco’s throat.

            “Get up,” Hermione muttered. The other students looked on silently as Draco stood up and lead the way out of the Great Hall, Hermione’s wand sticking in his back.

            They walked all the way to a forbidden corridor and then she dropped her wand.

            “How stupid are you?” she yelled at him. “It wasn’t your fault! You were under the Imperius curse!

            “But it was, Hermione!” he yelled back. “I had this feeling—in my gut—that something bad was going to happen. That my mother wanted some sort of revenge; and I didn’t do anything to stop it and I didn’t question any of her actions! I knew you were in danger, and I can never forgive myself for that. I don’t deserve you.” Malfoy walked in the opposite direction to the Slytherin Common Room and Hermione just stood there. For once in her life she was speechless.

            He was going to let her kill me?