Chapter 6: To Helios from Myeongwol

Elizabeth woke up to the sound of her alarm clock and groaned. It had not been that long since she had given Klaus the sacrifices for the ritual. Having done that, she hadn't headed home directly. Rather, she had decided to go to a nearby lake to clear her mind a bit, knowing that she wouldn't be bothered there.

With that, Elizabeth sat up in her bed and looked around herself to only sigh and think back to the events that happened last night. The kiss had greatly disturbed her but she couldn't stop her heart from beating faster just at the thought of Elijah.

She then proceeded to clean up and prepare for the day when her phone rang. Elizabeth looked at the caller ID to recognize it as Damon. Elizabeth sighed and picked up with,

"Hey Damon."

Damon answered with, "You do realize what day today it is, right?"

Elizabeth was brushing her hair as she replied,

"I understand what today means to you Damon. And here's your warning, if Elijah is there with you, then trust him."

Damon remained quiet a bit before hissing, "Are you serious? You trust a 500-year-old elixir that might not work?"

Elizabeth sighed and frustratedly asked him, "So what do you want? For me to bring a witch or warlock over there to prove there's magic in it still so you know it will actually work?"

"Yes." Was all he said as the response to that questions.

Elizabeth then said, "Fine. But don't do anything stupid until I get there, do you understand me?"

"Crystal clear." Damon responded.

Elizabeth hung up on him and looked at her own reflection. She could see the dark circles that framed her eyes from the lack of sleep from last night. In truth, Elizabeth was terrified. She tried so hard to prevent certain things from taking place, but she could never feel confident with Klaus Mikaelson.

Sure, she put up a brave front, a confident act for everyone else to see so that they couldn't realize that she wasn't the Elizabeth that used to exist in this universe before she had taken over this body.

Shaking her head, she finished preparing for the day and immediately drove over to pick up a witch that owed her a favor. The witch looked utterly bored in the passenger seat as she tugged at the chains on her wrists. Elizabeth's brow twitched in irritation from all the fidgeting the witch was doing next to her.

"Will you stop?" Elizabeth asked.

The witch rolled her eyes as she said in her Scottish accent, "Dearie, could you please explain where I am going?"

Elizabeth rolled her eyes and said, "Mystic Falls. Happy?"

The woman next to her sighed and said, "That small-rate town? Whatever for?"

Elizabeth looked over to her and responded with, "Look Rowena, after this, you're free to go, alright?"

Rowena smirked and said, "Ah, that would be nice. A wee little bit of freedom for me to frolic in before more little hunters come along."

Elizabeth rolled her eyes as she turned around the corner into the Salvatore residence and entered with the witch, finding the door unlocked. She headed towards the library and stopped at the door to hear Elena ask the Original,

"You'd think he'd understand why I'm willing to do this."

Then the Original's voice responded with, "Why are you?"

Elizabeth quietly entered with Rowena while Elena said,

"I'm the key to breaking the curse. Klaus is here because of me. If I don't stop him, then he's going to hurt people. It's that simple."