Chapter 17

SEIYA POV:

Last night I had the strangest dream, one minute Serena was in front of me and I feel her breath on my face I was about to touch her,when all of a sudden her body blurred and I blinked for a minute. Her image was replaced by another image. Ruby. What was she doing here? I asked confused. I was slightly annoyed that Serena was gone. I wanted to talk to her, but some part was glad she was because I didn't want to feel the pain of her not being mine, of me knowing I'll never be with her. I blinked again at Ruby just staring at me, was she part of this dream too?

"What's wrong ?" I heard myself asking her. For some reason I couldn't hear all of her response but what I got was could she sleep with me because she was afraid of something. What was she afraid of? Well whatever it was I didn't want her to be afraid. I had a strong urge to protect her and I didn't know why. Maybe because I was a protector? One from a distant galaxy but one none the less. I knew Ruby was tough , a total badass in her own right, but she was also sweet and compassionate but mainly human. I'm not human though nor will I ever be and we may look and even be compatible to them but at the end of the day I'm not. Our emotions are more complex then then humans and sometimes stronger.

My research on her when I was looking for more info about her told me as much plus I've seen her Break Free video and not many people would have been able to do what she did ,especially in a world that frowns upon that type of thing. I guess that's the difference between my world and hers. On my planet you are free to like who you like no matter your gender or sexual orientation, the only exemptions was royalty because they  had to be able to produce an heir. I bet Ruby would fit in perfectly there.

Despite all these things though I want to protect her like I use to for Serena and even now if she needed me I would still protect her. People like her and Ruby bring light and hope into this world and that alone makes them worth sacrificing my life for them worth it if I had to.

While I was thinking I realized she was still there staring at me waiting for me to respond.

"Sure come on." I told her invitingly as I lifted the covers for her to join me. It might have been a dream but at least I can hold someone I like , sort of....

When she laid down beside me I felt her warmth and wanted to feel more so I wrapped my arm around her pulling her closer. Wow for a dream it felt so real and I won't lie , I liked it a lot. I heard her call my name and I pulled her even closer. "I'll protect you." I told her. She snuggled closer to me and wrapped her arm around me. After that I don't really remember what happened because everything went blank as I fell in a deep sleep. When I woke up I was alone. I guess it' was a dream after all....oh well At least it was nice dream. I thought dosing off again.

RUBY POV:

I woke up hearing whimpering and barking "quiet guys" I mumbled sleepily. I felt something move besides me and I opened my eyes to be staring at seiya. My face only inches from hers. She was still asleep but her eyelids were moving ,meaning  she would be awake soon. I heard my dogs barking again outside the door. I groaned, I didn't want to move. I was comfortable and seiya still had her arms around me. Was she even aware when she wrapped her arms around me last night? I wondered to myself. Either way I wasn't gonna complain. Another bark from the door. Seiya moaned and eyebrows furrowed in her sleep.

"Five more minutes." She mumbled and sighed. I smiled silently laughing at her before I sighed and gently removed her arms from around me and slid out of bed. I walked silently to the door and slipped out. My dogs surrounded me as soon as I stepped out begging me with whimpers and barks, looking at me with their puppy eyes. I put my finger to my lips shushing them.

"Ok guys I know you're hungry, mommy sorry for waking up late." I tell them as we head downstairs. I filled up their food bowls and kissed their heads before going to figure out what I could make us for breakfast. I obviously don't eat meat or any other dairy products. I stood there tapping my finger to my lips thinking what I could make both of us. Hmmm not an easy choice to be honest. I decide on some toast , fruits and this recipe that I saw recently. I have yet to try it but it's a vegan hash made with russet potatoes, sweet potatoes and garlic. I took out the stuff I needed and started cooking..