Chapter 1 - We're Leaving

Hiccup's POV

"You've done it Hiccup! You get to kill the dragon!" shouted Gobber. Great, I needed to get to Toothless so I just left.

I packed everything I would need. Food, blankets, leather, toothless' spare tail, materials, tools and so on. and then I left to go to Toothless.

Astrid's POV

WHY? HOW? HOW DID HE WIN? I mean it was such a fluke! For the gods sake he didn't even kill the dragon! He just kinda got it lying on the ground!

I run to the forest to train. My favorite way to let off steam.

"Yah!" I throw my axe. I am about to throw again but I hear a twig snap behind me. Thinking it is a dragon I hurl around and almost throw it but I see Hiccup running off into the distance.

I run after him but he's nowhere to be seen. Damn.

Hiccup's POV

I am getting to the cove when I hear a a shout and the sound of metal hitting wood. I go to see what it is. It's non other than Astrid, she's so beautiful. As much as I want to stay and watch, I quickly run before she sees me.

When I get to the cove I look behind me to check if she followed. There's no one there, good. I go in.

"Hey bud. We're going on a bit of a vacation, forever" I say. I tie all the stuff on him.

"Hope this isn't to heavy on you bud" I pat his back and he lets out a roar saying it's fine. Then we take off. I look down. Damn I dropped my dagger. Never mind at least I have my spare one.

Astrid's POV

I hear a roar. Was that a night fury roar? No it couldn't be. Could it?

I run in the direction of where the roar came from. I get to a cove kinda thing. I look around it. There are claw marks all around and little black round disk like things, I think they are scales. Night fury scales.

I find Hiccups dagger lying on the ground. He must of gotten taken! It's all my fault! He didn't deserve to get taken! He... Wait what are you saying Astrid?! This is Hiccup! Who would care if he's gone! Right?

I fall to my knees, as skinny and annoying as he was. He had brains. I.. I think I'm actually gonna miss him.

A/N

So how did my first chapter go? Comment below what you think!

I just want to give a shoutout to @xycodie for being awesome :)

Read on!

- Wolfygrace

EDIT: Hey new readers! I would just like to let you know that I did, in fact, write this story quite a few years ago so the quality of writing isn't exactly the best. Just thought I would let you know. Please feel free to check out a few of my more recent HTTYD stories that I am currently writing, thanks :)