Chapter 3 - Telling Stoick

Gobber's POV (The next day, everyone is coming back)

Astrid told me not to tell anyone about Hiccup, well except Stoick. I felt sorry for him, even though it looked like he hated Hiccup. He really did love him, them being family and all. He was Stoick's last family member alive. But now he was alone.

I went down to help unload the ships. But to my shock they were all banged up, by fire. I don't think they won. I saw Stoick.

Stoick's POV

Gobber came up to me and helped me with some of the things.

"I trust you found the nest atleast" I said trying to give him some hope.

"Not even close" I grumbled

"Ah, excellent" this was not going to plan.

"I hope you've have more success" said Stoick. Ok let's see how smooth I can do this.

"If you mean your parenting troubles are over with, then yes" Stoick stopped in his tracks.

"He's gone?" by the look he was giving me, he was hoping this was a prank of some kind.

"I'm sorry Stoick, it was a night fury"

"How do you know? Where? When!?" he shouted, I could here sadness in his voice.

"Eh... Young Astrid told me, she was trainin' in the forest when she heard a roar and went to investigate, there was Hiccup's dagger and shield lodges in between rocks and night fury scales, as well as strong night fury claw marks and black char on the ground, 'append yesterday"

Stoick let out a sigh.

"Well... He finished first in dragon training" that was my attempt to cheer him up.

Stoick put his head in his hands.

"I should of been there to protect him, first Valka and now him What will I do?" I heard him mutter.

A/N

Yay long chapter! (For me anyway haha) Next will be Hiccup's POV, 4 years later. Then Astrid's 5 years later (something like that)

Comment below what you think please!

Read on!

- Wolfygrace