Chapter 12 - Father and Son

Hiccup's POV

My dad stepped the final step and looked up, as soon as his eyes met mine his face turned white.

"Hi-Hiccup?" He said in a small voice.

"Hey d-dad" I manage to say.

He just looks at me, lost for words. Taking in everything about me, from my peg leg to my messy brown hair. He finally manages to speak.

"Bu- but how? Am I dreaming?" he asks.

"N.. no. I'll explain" I said, them explained everything from when I shot Toothless down to when I left Berk. It takes a while because I keep having to pause to remember the words.

"Dad! Where's Toothless!" I suddenly remember.

"Oh the dragon? Lucky for you Gobber stopped me from killing it" he said, thank Thor.

"Anyway, how do ya explain this?" He asks gesturing to my leg. I explain how we tried and failed the exercise and how Toothless saved me.

"He saved you and carried you all the way back to your 'house'?" He asked in disbelieve and I nodded.

"So where... where is he.. now?" I asked.

"He's at the arena, in a cage. I'm sorry but I didn't know who you were and I couldn't risk the other Vikings killing him. Anyway I saw the saddle, you really ride him?" He said and I nod, yet again.

-----

Stoick's POV

I can't believe that's really him, and I can't believe he trained a dragon, there is so many things I can't believe right now. Especially how Hiccup so much taller and actually has some muscles.

We arrive at the arena, not many people are around but I get Hiccup to keep his helmet on. I walk to one of the changes and open it. I flys the Nightfury who goes right to Hiccup.

Hiccup's POV

"Hey bud!" I say in dragonese.

"Hi!" he responds.

"Uh.. did my dad treat you alright?" I ask.

"That's your dad!?" Toothless sounds shocked.

"Yeah" I chuckle.

"It's ok he didn't harm me" he says reassuring.

"Good" I reply.

Stoick's POV

I hear strange sounds coming from my sons lips? What is he doing? Toothless is also making different grumbling sounds. When he finishes I speak up.

"What were you doing?" I ask

"Talking to him" he replies with a smile.

"You can do that?"

"Yes, it's called Dragonese."

Wow I never new that was even possible. Suddenly Gobber bursts in the arena.

"Stoick! Oh hey Hiccup" he replies, what does he want?

"So you've found out about him and his dragon I see" he says and I nod. He turns to Hiccup

"Have you told him yet?" Gobber asks Hiccup.

"Uh... no" Hiccup responds nervously.

"Ok well I'll be off." Gobber awkwardly responds and goes off.

"Tell me what son?" I ask Hiccup and he takes a deep breath.

Hiccup's POV

I take a deep breath and tell him all about finding the nest and the Red Death.

"So you've been to the nest? How'd you find it!" He asks angrily, uh-oh.

"Only a dragon can find the nest!" A look of realization crosses his face.

"Oh no dad, you don't know what your up against! It's like nothing you've even seen!" He starts walking out, oh no this is very bad.

"For once in your life would you please just listen!" I shout trying to stop him, he just throws me back.

"You ran away from your fears, your tribe, your father. How can I call you a Viking? How can I call you my son?" At that he walks out.

"Ready the ships!" I hear him call. I don't think I have ever felt so heartbroken.

A/N

Deep chapter hey. I will try update again soon :)

Rate, comment, share and read on!

- Wolfygrace