Fifth

“Hey, what are you doing here?”, Magnus asked as soon as he opened the door.

Alec eyed him up. He looked different. He wore simple black clothing, his hair was messy and he did not wear any makeup.

Alec narrowed his eyes.

“Are you ok?”, he asked skeptical.

Magnus smiled lightly at him.

“Yes, I’m fine.”, he answered and pulled Alec close to kiss him.

Alec returned the quick kiss and couldn’t help but smile as Magnus’ fingers started to grab his shirt seeking for a better hold.

“Still … what are you doing here? Shouldn’t you get some rest?”, Magnus asked as soon as they parted.

Alec grinned.

“I’m searching for a warlock who is able to take away my pain.”, he winked at Magnus.

Magnus turned away and walked over to his apothecary. He searched a few cupboards before he pulled out a bottle.

Alec eyed it up.

“That’s vodka.”, he mentioned as he let himself slide down on the sofa, sighing as he relaxed his chest’s muscles.

Magnus nodded.

“I know you’re more the gin type of guy, but that’s all I have.”, he grinned and filled Alec some liquid in a cup.

Alec narrowed his eyes but took the cup thankfully.

“I hoped you’d help me with your magic, you know?”, he mumbled but downed his glass.

Magnus chuckled lightly.

“I’m still a little exhausted from my trip to Edom and the whole Jace is the owl thing, also being by your side the whole night. I still need to regenerate, I’m sorry.”, he let Alec know and refilled his cup.

Alec sighed.

“About that. How did it go with your father?”, he asked.

Magnus sat down in an armchair.

“He’s stubborn as always. Resisted to give me his power, but I convinced him.”, Magnus explained.

Alec smiled lightly.

“Thank you.”

Magnus sighed.

“You don’t have to thank me. Really. I’m just glad everyone is ok.”, he smiled lovingly.

Alec nodded. Yes, everyone was ok. Well, except Clary, where could she be?

“Have you heard about Clary?”, he asked thoughtfully.

Magnus nodded.

“Yes. Any word?”

Alec shook his head.

“No. But Jace will find her. I’m sure he will.”, he tried more to convince himself.

Magnus nodded.

“Of course he will.”, he smiled and shot Alec a encouraging gaze.

Alec grinned. Jace would be fine and so would Clary.