Eleventh

Alec stared at Magnus in disbelieve.

“What?”, he asked confused. What was Magnus talking about?

“I traded it in exchange for the power to free Jace. I feel so useless without it.”, Magnus explained. His voice was shaking and his hands trembled.

Alec watched him worried. He did not know what to do, so he pulled him into a hug.

“Let’s go somewhere more private.”, he offered and felt how Magnus nodded against his shoulder.

When they reached Alec’s office, Magnus slit down on a chair and just sat there emotionless.

Alec sat down next to him.

“Tell me what happened.”, he whispered.

Magnus breathed deeply.

“I asked my father for some of his powers but he denied. He wanted me to stay in Edom to rule by his side in exchange. I couldn’t do that, I couldn’t leave you. So I agreed to give him my powers instead.”, he summarized shortly.

Alec watched him, shocked.

“Why haven’t you told me?”, he wanted to know.

Magnus shrugged his shoulders.

“I was afraid to lose you. I couldn’t stand the thought of you leaving me. Because I’ve lost my powers, because I’m not a warlock anymore. Because I’m useless.”, he bristled with disgust. A tear rolled down his cheek.

Alec watched him in shock.

“Magnus, hey, Mags.”, he hurried to say and touched Magnus’ cheek carefully.

Magnus looked at him. His eyes wet and full of self-disgust.

Alec looked him deep in the eye, trying to show him how much he loved him by just this one stare.

“You’re not useless. Far from it. You’re everything to me. I love you.”, he let him know and wrapped his arms around him.

Magnus sniffed and snuggled his face in the crock of Alec’s neck.

“I feel so lost, Alec. I don’t know who I am anymore.”, he sobbed.

Alec pulled him even closer and stroke over his back.

“You are the most amazing person I’ve ever known. Don’t worry. We’ll make it through this. Together.”

Magnus clawed his fingers in Alec’s shirt and Alec felt his tears against his neck.

He hated to see Magnus like this. He knew how much being a warlock meant to him, he’d been it his whole life. It was not only his job, it was his life, his whole personality.

It was like derune a Shadowhunter. Alec knew he would feel incredibly lost.

Softly he breathed a kiss on Magnus’ ear.

“Also …”, he whispered, smiling, “You are still quite magical!”

________________________
The end

I hope you liked it.

Let me know what you think.
~rainbowsalive