Chapter 7

You gulped slightly, taking a step back in your nervousness, "I didn't-uh I mean-" Your eyes shot to Breakdown for help but he just gave you a coy look and turned away, whistling. Welp no help there, damn it Breakdown..

"You mean?" His voice is like liquid sex, holy shit, you felt your body heating up, if he kept looking at you like that you were going to have a heart attack!

"What I meant by that was-" You internally cursed at how mouse like you sounded, "he said he admires my strength, at being able to handle what I have, m-more my race's strength than anything! I most certainly didn't mean it like-uh"

"And what exactly did you presume I thought of it as?"

Tread carefully, tread carefully! "W-wellll," You drew out the word in your nervousness, at least you had enough awareness to know the annoying cherry red sports car was probably flirting with you, "I thought you might think I meant it in a romantic sense- which I definitely didn't, as you, er, know now!"

"You thought I would care in a romantic sense." Out of the corner of your eye you saw Breakdown walk by and flash an exasperated look before jabbing Knockout in the side with an elbow, causing your mech to flinch and narrow his eyes in the other mech's direction. He sighed heavily, getting the message, "And you'd be absolutely right."

"I- WHAT!"

Knockout winced at your volume, covering his audio receptors and taking a step back.

"Oh-uh- I'm sorry Knockout, I didn't mean to blast your audio receptors like that.." You felt your cheeks burning with a furious blush as you scuffed your foot on the ground, "But do you really?"

The mech leaned in again, still rubbing at his receptors, looking possibly dazed, "Do I really... what?"

"Um, do you really care in a romantic sense, w-whether or not he admires me?" A happy smile was fighting it's way on to your lips as you watched a slight blue flush appeared on his face plates.

"I do." He said it with a hint of embarrassment as Breakdown wolf whistled in the background. "Will you just leave already, you over grown lug nut!" Knockout finally blurted, standing straight and making shooing motions, to which the other mech just wiggled his metallic eyebrows at you before leaving the medical bay.

"Knockout." He looked down at you as you raised your arms up in a 'come here' motion, he blushed but leaned down so his face was close to yours, using his arms for balance. You grinned in childlike glee, grabbed his face plates gently and stretched yourself up to kiss his cheek area. "Soo," you cooed, "You like me, huh?"

His eyes looked away before rolling in exasperation, "I said that already, didn't I?"

"Nope!" You popped your 'p' with a smirk, "You said 'I do', something that has a whole different meaning for my race." Your smirk only widened when his blue blush darkened, he knew well enough what that term connected to.

"Oh shush you." His mouth curled into a slightly boyish grin as you burst into laughter, only stopping when he stroked the side of your face with a digit delicately, as you easily got lost in his beautiful red eyes.

--------

Optimus bit his lower derma in thought, looking at his distressed team in front of him. Ratchet had finished repairing Smokescreen fairly quickly and upon hearing about your new situation, had thrown a wrench at the Rookie after he had been grumbling all through repairs how he was "so going to beat you up."

"This seems like a dire situation. However unless we are able to locate the Decepticon warship, I do not know how we would attempt to remedy it." The great leader himself was almost admitting he didn't know what to do either. Until your father quietly spoke up.

"Maybe we could catch a 'con to show us the way there? Starscream, if he's as bad as you describe, should be running from Megatron for some mistake eventually. We could use that to our advantage!" Your mother nodded in agreement, liking the sound of that plan.

Arcee then chose to speak up, "I do think that's a good plan, but how exactly do you expect for us to catch Starscream? He may not have the bearings to deal with Megatron's wrath, but he's very tricky and can be extremely hard to find."

"We could just wait for that big ol' Decepticreep to get injured!" Miko blurted, and everyone looked surprised to be considering it.

Ratchet tapped his chin and hummed, "He has called us in the past for medical assistance, but we don't know for sure when he would need it."

Bulkhead grumbled to himself for a second, "Well they did just lose a big mine when Starscream panicked at Y/n getting beat up. Megatron is bound to be angry about that, so I'd guess soon at the very least."

The leader of the Autobots nodded firmly and stood straight, "For now we will wait, we have plenty of energon to satisfy our systems. Ratchet, you and I will keep working at attempting to locate the ship. The rest of you will just have to find ways to distract yourselves."

------------------------------------------------------
Little bit of KO cuteness for you guys! I just wanted to say, while it may include some parts of the original storyline, I'm going to be making this differ in most aspects until I decide fully whether or not I want to follow it!

Also I galloped full speed on my horse for the first time ever and I'm fricken giddy, he's such a cool horse! 😍