Famous last words (Analogicality 2)

SOMEONE GIVE ME IDEAS, I'VE HAD A CREATIVE BLOCK FOR DAYS!

I have no experience in medical things, so this won't be accurate, at all.

"Talk to you later, Pat." 

Those were the word written on Patton's wrist. Those were the last words Patton would hear his soulmate say. At least they got to know each other enough for them to use nicknames. But it was still sad that the words seemed to be from someone that was young. And it made Patton freeze up whenever someone said it.

But, after a while, Patton stopped flinching. Especially with his friends around, who would call him by "Pat", then apologize for scaring him. Patton accepted his soulmate would die, and felt comforted with the fact they knew eachother. 

Though, he still kept track of when they said the phrase, and didn't say something afterwards. It would be nice to know they were his soulmate, right? 

Logan, Roman, and Patton, all sat in the living room, re-watching Steven Universe, when Patton's phone rang. "Virgil" lit up in white letters, along with a picture of the boy.

"Hey, Verge." Patton answered, stepping into the hallway.

"Hey, Patton, I just got off work. Do you guys need anything from the store for movie night?" 

"Nope. I can't think of anything." 

"Okay. Talk to you later, Pat." Virgil replied, turning off his phone.

Patton took note that Virgil said it, then walked over to sit with Roman and Logan. They continued their marathon for another hour, growing a little worried over Virgil, until Logan got a call, the name "Rem" displayed on it. The group wondered what the party goer wanted, as Logan answered.

"Yes, Rem, what is it?" Patton couldn't make out what Rem was saying.

"What do you mean by, "Virgil got into an accident"?" Patton's pulse skyrocketed as he thought of Virgil's last words to him.

"Is he okay?" Logan's eyes were wide and focused on the floor.

"Where is he?" Logan stood up, the other two following after him.

"Thanks, Rem." Logan sighed, tears starting to bubble at the sides of his eyes. The group had gotten out the door, and were in the car now. Logan driving, since he was the most composed.

"What happened to Virgil?" Roman asked, voice shaky.

"He's still alive, right now. But he got into a car wreck, and from Rem's tone, he doesn't sound good." Logan answered, eyes focused on the road, going a bit above the speed limit.

Patton lost his will to stop himself, as his tears streamed down quickly. "H-He's gone." 

"Patton, we don't know that yet. He could still live." Roman tried to brighten up his friend.

"N-n-" Patton gave up on words and shook his head, pulling out his arm with the writing, and tapping the black words. The smaller then pulled himself back, and pushed his palms into his eyes, in a futile attempt to stop the tears.

"He said it? He's your soulmate?" Roman questioned in shock. "He... really is going to die." 

"Stop saying that!" Logan shouted. "He probably isn't your soulmate, and will live! Let's just, be there for him." The drive continued on silent, only small whimpers coming from the backseat.

The trio got out of the car in a flurry, running to the front of the hospital. Roman talked to the woman behind the counter, as Patton looked for the elevator, from where he was standing, arms around himself. Logan took Patton's hand, both pairs of eyes dropping liquid.