Chapter 3 Backfire

Yeah. I posted again. Mainly because I lose my writing mojo after a couple of days, so before that happens I want to update.

@Jnovak16, seriously hope you don't hate me for the notifications you will be getting. LOL. EVERY CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO YOU.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 "I thought that I could change you like the other's

But I don't know how...

It's gonna backfire.

It's gonna backfire, baby" 

Chapter 3

The fucking gun was jammed.

“Well that brings an unexpected change of plans, love.” I looked down at Callum who was laughing while clutching onto his bleeding gun hand.

This was not good. Time was running out, and I've already fucked up by not bringing a secondary weapon. 

I reached into my pocket of my hoodie and grabbed the white cloth. Chloroform became a last resort for me, and I'm glad I still carried that around. When I took it out, Callum glared, knowing fully well of my intentions. 

“An unexpected turn indeed.”

My voice came out in it’s normal, soft tone without the presence of my mask. 

I nearly tackled Callum, causing him to tumble on his side. In experience, he quickly grabbed hold of ankle and pulled me down, so that I collapsed on his chest. I twisted myself upright and gave him a hard punch to the nose.

“Fucking cunt,” he growled. I dismissed the words as fast as they came. 

In one swift move, I quickly pressed the cloth to his face, but he wasn’t breathing it in. Was he holding his breath? 

“You've got to breathe some time.” I lifted myself up to balance my weight on my knees and punched Callum hard in the gut. He gasped at the sudden attack and breathed in the chloroform. I watched as his eyes glazed with sudden exhaustion and snapped shut. About time. 

I had to move now. 

Running back to my car, I quickly got in and drove it into the alley way. Callum was still on the ground lying unconscious. I wrapped my arms around his torso and dragged him to the passenger side.

When he was seated in, I duct-taped his hands together behind his back, and I put my mask away in the duffel along with some of the other gear.

This should hold him.

I got inside the drivers seat, and warmed up the engine. I was hoping that Callum would be with Sebastian and Mason. I could have just taken care of all them at once. Would have saved me a whole lotta trouble, but this job wasn’t timed. My employer only wanted their deaths confirmed, but he didn’t state how long. In reality, I could take as long as I’d want. It's just I didn't plan on staying here for long.