Chapter 10 Video Games

Shout out:

@Mind_Matter for your seriously amazing reviews. KEEP WRITING LONG REVIEWS. They're amazing, I just can't even. Like "If there was a scale from one through even, I can't."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"It's you, it's you, It's all for you.

Everything I do, I tell you all the time...

I heard that you like the bad girls, honey.

Is that true?"

Chapter 10

The silence was sickening as our car stormed off in the street. I watched the street objects far ahead grow bigger in size as we swiftly drove past it. Glancing at the speedometer, Callum had exceeded sixty miles per hour.

If I listened closely, I could hear the faintest vibration of the wheels as it grinded on black asphalt. There was not even the slightest shudder, except for the one I felt in myself. My body was tensed, and although my posture looked completely relaxed, I went rigid.

Callum wasn't talking to me at all. I felt like if I were to truly sink into the car seat and act as if nothing happened, he'd strike at me. So all I did was sit in the passenger side of the vehicle.

I had nowhere to stare except out the window, and even then London got dull to look at. I wanted to focus on nothing more than what just happened. Even if I could or couldn't help it.

When Callum found me at the penthouse, he said nothing after the fact that he labeled me a child for trying to run away from him like that. He didn't even drag me by the arm. Instead, he let me act on my own without having to force me to do anything.

And this scared me.

I remember as a child whenever I would get scolded and my mother overreacted, I expected for her to lash out. Even when she didn't, I would stand idly expecting her to do what she does best. Give out punishments. It wasn't until the moment when I assumed I was safe, that she got me when I was blindsided. And I'm pretty sure that's what Callum is going to do. Get me while I least I expect it.

I pried my eyes away from the street to look at Callum. He had both hands gripped tightly to the steering wheel, a grip so strong I could hear the leather squeak with every rubbing movement. Trailing my eyes over his sleeve, and up to his hardened expression, I could tell that he was waiting for me to do what I do best. Retaliate.

But I know what he really wants. An explanation.

He convinced Sebastian to not kill me. Who knows what really went down when I was out of sight? He's digging his grave for me.

He held me at my darkest moment. The only time that I will expose anything about myself is during an attack. And I let him in, a little too much. So what does that make me? Desperate?

He comforted me in the morning, and even insisted to take me out for freedom's sake. But I lied the moment I got the chance. And what does that make me? Because to be honest, I'm too scared to find out.

Have I really gotten that low?

My hands tightened into fist. I'm not that low of a person I know it. And I can't blame myself for situations I had no power over of the first place. All the other shit that had been stacked upon me was out of my control. And I'm not gonna beat myself down for that.