Chapter 21 Bonus Chapter

Picture of #Killum at the top or side. 

                 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Chapter 21

Perfect.

I took a step back from the walls of the room while taking the view with me.

I stood victorious beyond what took a month to complete. Pinks and blues splattered the wall in an intricate design. I was shocked that I had actually managed to paint that myself, but I felt proud of the artwork.

 "The neighbors didn't believe you guys would get your room completed in time, but i guess they don't know your mommy," I spoke to my belly. I slowly rubbed the growing baby bump.

There was a boyish side to the room, and then there was the completely girlish side to it. It surprised me overall on how dedicated I was with this miniproject. Five seconds after discovering that I was pregnant, I headed straight to the internet in search of what I needed to know about being a mother. 

Being a mother. 

I still can't wrap my head around that fact. "Ooh," I groaned. "Was that you Kaleb? Are you kicking mommy this time?"

For growing babies they sure we're active. I have so many plans for them when after they're born.

For starters, they're aren't going to end up like me. No, my babies are going to go further,  and they are going to do it through honest means. Not like me.

Or their father.

"Looks good," Duke said from behind. "My niece and nephew are going to love it."

I smiled lightly. The kids probably won't even recognize it, but it will stand out.

"You think so?"

"Yeah," he replied. "You know you're taking your pregnancy a lot more better than I thought you would. I never knew you one to wish for children. "

I actually didn't wish for children. It wasn't a goal of mine in life, but if I was pregnant... I wouldn't argue either, so I'm not going to.

"I wonder how they will react when they find out that this is the room where you used to keep your guns."

"You're not going to tell them," I managed to say. "Do you remember what I asked from you?"

"Yeah, yeah... No more mercenary talk or military talk. Just normal people talk. I had to quit my job because of them," he said pointing to my belly.

I told Duke that if he still wanted to stick around, it couldn't be while he was a mercenary. MERCHANTS lost two workers that day. 

"And?"

"And no more gang talk. Kira you're going to be a stickler in the ass of a mom if you're going to be over protective of them." I rolled my eyes.

"Mom's are over protective of their babies. " But face it. Gangs and mercanaries are not some things I want Cara and Kaleb to get involved in. It's best they know nothing of their father, their uncle, and of me.

I walked over to the sofa in one corner of the room and took a seat. Glancing down at my belly, I realized how big I have gotten--especially with twins.

"True, but what can we tell them?" I sighed.

"I'm going back to college, and I'm going to try something new."

"Really?" This sparked Duke's interest.

"It would be strange telling Cara and Kaleb that I don't have a job, yet we have all this money. Kids are smart. They'll get suspicious." I brought my hand over the round of my belly, and rubbed it. I was growing two humans in me. 

"Tired?"

"Yes. But now I need to go pack. Did you get the plane tickets I asked for?"

Duke hesitated before throwing me a look. "You still want to go to London? Are you sure?"

"Pay respects to Callum, and the gang. I don't think we should let their deaths haunt us."

A good reason why Duke is still here is because I couldn't take care of myself alone. Even weeks, months, after I left New York Callum still haunted me.

I used to cry every night. The dreams of him next to me felt too real. But now they come and go, and it's only left me sensitive to the topic. I wasn't allowed to stay stessed. It was bad for the babies.

"But you look like you could pop any second. You don't want to give birth on Callum's grave do you?"

"Duke, I'm just big because I have twins. They're not due to a couple of more months. Callum's grave will be fine." I let out a breath.

I wasn't even sure if the Kings would get a grave. What do criminals get when they die? What happens to their bodies? What happened to their HQ? 

I wonder, if Callum was alive, what would he be doing right now? 

"Kira you're exhausted."

"I want to go to London," I asserted. "Ill be fine."

"If you say so," Duke threw me a concerned look. "We still have a couple of days till we need to get to the airport, so rest up.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Alright so, a lot of you didn't understand the ending of BDB, so I decided to write this. I must admit that was a horrible ending because I left important questions unanswered, but I hoped I made up for it.

Also, about half of you didn't agree with the idea of Kira being pregnant, but someone in my comments did tell me that I was the author and that if I wanted to then I should, and I thought about it. I am the author of this story, and this is a fanfiction. I am the fan. This is my fiction. 

I might not agree with what you have to say, but you a right to say it. Which brings me back to stating that this is my story

E D I T: 

There is no Callum POV, because this is months after she left. If you want to know what Callum's doing, read CHQ lol. 

For anyone curious for a sequel: LOST IN LONDON IS UP! (see my profile)