THE ONE WHO ARRIVED IN A BOAT

a/n: OC 

It came as a surprise, or more like a shockwave when a large ship sailed in high speed towards Kattegat

It came as a surprise, or more like a shockwave when a large ship sailed in high speed towards Kattegat. It had the House of Fienhair colors and sigils yet the King was already in Kattegat with his brother and full force to avenge Ragnar Lothbroks death. The loud horn blew loudly over the village. Everyone in the royal family walked outside towards the dock with frowns on their faces. Harald and his brother stepped onto the porch outside the great hall, a smirk spreading on their faces as their eyes landed on the familiar ship.

"She's early." Halfdan said and Harald hummed, still smiling.

"Guess the gods blew the winds in the right direction. She must've been successful." Harald said as he patted his brother on the shoulder. They stepped off the porch and walked towards the crowd that gathered by the shoreline, everyone eager to see who arrived in Kattegat in such a beautiful and large ship.

Harald and Halfdan stood beside Lagertha, Björn and the young sons of Ragnar with neutral expression on their faces as the boat were closing in. Mumbles of theories of the guests was heard among the crowd. Lagertha glanced over her shoulder to look at Astrid who stood further away, the young brunette only placing back before moving her icy blue eyes back to the ship.

"I thought you had all your men here Harald?" Lagertha said as her eyes roamed over the familiar sigil and yellow colors on the boat. The large yellow sailcloths brightening up the dull grey surroundings, almost as a substitute for the sun that was captivated behind the thick grey clouds.

"I have. Those aren't my men." Harald said with a faint smile as his eyes roamed the ship for a familiar face. Soon his blue eyes met a pair of familiar blue ones. Long braided blond hair with a few loose strands that blew in the wind. Black ink that covered parts of the very familiar face, a few scars that accompanied them on the flawless pale skin. The face broke into a wide smile as their eyes met.

"Who is it?" Hvitserk asked yet he didn't get an answer. The king was too focused on the young woman on he boat. Halfdan only looked at the royal family of Kattegat with a smile before placing back at the boat, locking gazes with the young woman as well.

"They're sailing under your banners." Ubbe said and soon they all spotted the young woman who walked to the front of the boat. The young woman wore leather armor. Black pants, a leather jacket with metallic details. The jacket hugged her body perfectly, exclusively made just for her. A long black cloak blew in the wind and a sword hung by her hip. Her facial features seemed rather familiar, as if they had seen her before, however it was as if another face was dulling the familiar features as well. The son's started to mumble, Björn's wife Torvi mumbled something under her breath as she hugged her husband's arm tightly. Almost before the ship was docked the young woman had jumped onto the dock and quickly approached Harald and Halfdan with a wide smile on her face, showing her white pearly teeth.

"Father!" The young woman said before she was tightly embraced by Harald. The word was almost numbing, before them stood a gorgeous young woman who was the daughter of Harald Finehair. Neither one of the royal family knew about Harald's daughter. A word had never been spoken about her and questions filled everyones head yet nothing came out of their mouths. Both of them closed their eyes and enjoyed to be back in each others embrace once again.