TELLING BJÖRN THE TRUTH

Y/N sat in the middle of the forest with her basket

Y/N sat in the middle of the forest with her basket. She collected herbs for Helga. She was a servant, a nobody in the kingdom called Kattegat. Queen Aslaug only favored her sons, the princes she had only heard stories about and watched from afar. Ivar made her uncomfortable and the others simply made her nauseous as they kept sharing one of the few other thralls she knew, Margrethe. However Margrethe praised them like the gods themselves, simply enjoying the envy and jealousy she saw in her fellow servants eyes when she told the stories.

However one son of Ragnar she had spoke too, Björn Ironside. She had spoken to him a long time ago, before his interest for Torvi started to bloom. She had accidentally walked into him with a bucket of water, making the chilly ocean water wet both their clothing. Y/N being one of the shy thralls blushed like there was no tomorrow yet Björn had only shrugged before helping her to refill it and carry it to her home. He had insisted that she changed dress to prevent her from getting sick yet she had only shrugged him off, knowing she only owned the dress she wore. Her other had been thrown into the fire due to the impossible and constant holes into the poor fabric. She knew she had to work hard so she could buy fabric so she could make herself another one.

After that he had payed her a visit once in a while much to her surprise. She always felt embarrassed in his presence since she wasn't rich, important or even privileged to be in his company. They had started to get to know each other, slowly she had opened up to him. One day he had knocked on her door with a new dress and cloak. He had told her over and over that she shouldn't feel bad for his gift and accept it. He simply said he owed her since her only dress almost got torn apart when he tried to help her with the animals on her farm. Y/N liked Björn, she was fascinated by him. She fell for him, his good looks had always attracted her but his kind nature swept her off her feet. However she never told him how she felt towards him, deciding it was for the best. She had convinced herself that such a love wasn't possible, only once it had happened and it was between Ubbe and Margrethe who begun a somewhat steady relationship.

Björn once told her about a woman he had gotten feelings for and how she was a thrall. Hope had filled her chest and the whole time Björn described her a smile was present on her face. However when he said Torvi's name her heart cracked. Her smile faded yet forced a new one when he saw the happiness in his eyes.

"Y/N!" A familiar voice that still made her heart beat quickly in her chest. She looked up and saw Björn walking towards her, a smile present on his face. She placed some sage in the basket as she smiled at him then wiping her mud stained hands on her dress.

"Björn." She said and a faint blush stained her cheeks. She had tried her best to ignore the feeling she felt towards Björn as she didn't want to loose him as a friend. No matter how much it pained her to see him with Torvi she swallowed her words and kept smiling for him. Margrethe knew about her feelings towards Björn and she had let those words slept to Ubbe, a man who hadn't told neither one of his brothers yet asked Y/N about it yet she only denied it.