A Broken Soul (A WxW Competition One-shot)

A broken Soul: Shadowtrans63

Jack Starling's POV

"Come on is that really all you can do?" I raised my head slowly pain blurring my eyesight as I looked at Caroline who was standing next to her boyfriend, Chris. "Man I haven't felt this excited about hitting a punching bag in months! Come on shorty! Stand up!" I didn't want to stand but I was so scared that my body followed his orders. As I tried to stand I felt a fist to my jaw, and then I felt the ground on my face. 

Blood spilling out of my broken lip, my eye swelling up from the black eye that was forming. "Haha, let's go, babe. He's done for." I lay there blood pooling in my mouth the taste of iron, and liquid mixing with the taste of dirt as my mind wandered back to when it all started. 

"Jack! Hurry up, Jack! You're going to be late for school!" I remember back then like it was just yesterday. I was waking up, a small ball of happiness. I was just 7 years old. "I'm coming Mom!"  I would love school, I loved seeing Connor in class. But that day was the day where it had all started. The day the seed was planted into my soul. 

"Have a Good Day Sweetie!" That day was supposed to be the day of our trip to a park as part of our classes of science studies. We were supposed to look at all of the different types of bugs that were invasive with a specialist. Instead of when we arrived at the park I... I ended up making the biggest mistake of my life. "This Bug looks like Ryan doesn't it???" Of course, I meant it as a joke, Ryan was the fat kid in class. What you wouldn't expect though would be that he was friends with the athletic guys. 

Of Course, I said it loud enough that he heard it. It was something that I would do of course. "Shut up Jack, you don't have a better body than him anyways. You're as skinny as a stick!" Back then I thought they were just messing with me, I didn't think they were being serious. I laughed it off but they didn't laugh. They walked away with Ryan who kept looking back at me with a glare. 

I eventually learned what it was that happened at that moment. I had made enemies. I had made myself a target. I had made myself. Vulnerable. I had never expected myself, my small and hyper happy self... To be what I am now. A broken mess. 

My eyes blurred a bit as the feeling of blood around my mouth started leveling and was no longer being produced. It was another while before my vision cleared and the pain in my head subsided. Once it had I stood up holding onto the wall of the school. I gasped for breath tears blood dried over my face as I fell back down slowly against the wall all of my emotions spilling out. 

"W..W-Why me!?!" I felt so hurt, I felt so humiliated by myself that I cried more and more. The tears stinging the bruise on my eye. I felt so overwhelmed by everything that I simply let everything flow out. My head throbbing from the number of thoughts going through my head. The whole time I wanted to end it, I didn't want to feel any more pain, and for that. I lost track of time. 

By the time my emotions had calmed down and I was drained mentally and physically I noticed the sun was going down. That meant it was around 8 or 9 since it was around May. 'Why do I have to be the one...' I forced myself up to my fight. My knees trying to flail out from under me.  'Come on you short body... Take me back to hell...' It took a while but after all of the pain it took to walk home I finally got inside. It was a small house nothing too special. My parents were both workers at a fast food place so we didn't have much income.