Soulmate Bond (Izuku x Yaoyozu)

Authors Note:  Added in that there are things that are spoilers, some small, some big, and some big big theories that I have. If you haven't read the manga, take all of this information with a grain of salt. Don't keep yourself trapped in tunnel vision. 

 Chapter: As Time Stops

In this world where humans have evolved to have these powers known as 'Quirks', there's also been another advancement in evolution. It's an instinctual trigger created through an unknown means,  it became dubbed the 'Soulmate Bond'. Everyone who had a mark had a soulmate with the same mark, except on the opposite hand. 

It was with this that people were able to find out the effect of this new bond. When one would find their soulmate they would be brought not only happiness, but they would live lives full of peace, no diseases would harm them, and the only way that they could be killed would be through time, and murder. People were able to live happy lives, their need for food dwindled and more and more of the homeless found places to eat and live, the world was turning into a utopia. 

However, just like there are quirkless, there is a similar phenomenon. Those or those regarded as 'Soul Breakers', these are soulmates who have lost their partner, originally it's nothing terribly bad, however, the effects are what is so detrimental. One who has lost their partner loses the ability to age, usually, they find themselves estranged as people see them as an absolute failure. 

It had led to 99% of the 'Soul Breakers' committing suicide, as they would be immortal, forever haunted mentally about their partners' murder, and what their life together could have looked like. 

For everyone, their goal is to find their soulmate, for one unfortunate soul, he was a witness to the murder of his soulmate. Just as they were about to intertwine hands, her life was stolen, and the images began to run through his mind. His emerald eyes dulled and lost their light as the future that could have been, all the happiness they could have had, was lost, to what? 

He lost her to the strongest Villain of all-time, Shigaraki Tomura. "Weak... She died so easily." He stood a distance away his hand outstretched as his fingers extended and stabbed through her heart. "You're also weak... Look at you, you're already broken by one simple death?" Shigaraki began to laugh, all the heroes around them, everyone who was witnessing the battle via camera, they were all horrified, however, their expression soon changed as a light began to build up. 

Light bubbled around Midoriya who was holding her body. Tears were streaming down his eyes as he grabbed her hand and watched as the mark on her hand began to wither away, disappearing into the light. "N-No! Please... Don't go!" Shigaraki paused for a moment as he realized what he'd done and he looked at his hands. 

"I see. I truly am a monster. To destroy so many "Soulmate Bonds"... I have never witnessed the effect, but seeing it in person. I can see why everyone hates it. This feeling of disgust that I feel towards you, and myself. Who would have thought?" Shigaraki moved forward towards Midoriya and kicked him away from the body.

 "At least, I'll make sure that you don't stare at her misshapen figure." Midoriya's eyes widened as he reached out, his chest hurting, and the air knocked out of his lungs caused his vision to blur. "Stop! Stop! Don't touch her!" Spittle began to fly out of his mouth, as black tendrils began to cover his body, rage overwhelming his power, fueling Black Whip. 

He stood up, his arms bloody and broken, his clothes ripped, his face covered in tears stain, and yet, there wasn't an ounce of pain on his face. There was only pure and utter rage... No, it wasn't rage that he felt towards Shigaraki. He loathed him, he wanted to kill him absolutely and completely. Just as he launched towards him, Shigaraki completed the task. He decayed her body into nothing, as her figure turned gray, the cracks reached up to her face, and once it completely decayed...