Chapter 5 - Another Devaint Part 2

I never expected the end of the investigation was going to end with Hank dangling from the edge of the building. Thirty minutes before that, we were in the apartment building look at the strange wording RA9. Connor assumed the strange symbols represents a higher power for the androids.

"So you are saying they believe in a type of god?" I asked him. Connor nodded, analyzing the wall. I looked at him, shook my head. Androids believing in a type of superior? That's an upgrade.

The whole apartment was full of annoying pigeons. All of the pigeons gathered around one place until we disturbed them, then they'll move to another part of the living room.

I walked to the center of the apartment to scare off the damn pigeons. "Swoosh! Swoosh!" I waved my arms, hoping it will make the pigeons move out of my way. The pigeons started to fly around the whole apartment.

"It left it's LED." I heard Connor's voice from across the room. A pigeon flew above me; I flinched from the sudden sound. I fucking hate pigeons.

"So it's an android?" Hank said, "no wonder. No damn human can live with these pigeons."

Connor went back to the living room. His eyes stared at the ceiling. It seems to be like he realized something. I went up to him and touched his shoulder. He remained unfazed.

Hank was blabbering his mouth when the deviant came out of the ceiling, landed on top of Connor, and ran out of the door.

"What the actual fuck!" I said, falling back. I never expected to see a full grown man jumping out of the ceiling. A sharp pain blossomed in my shoulder where I fell and hit the floor. Connor stumbled on his footing as he tried to get up.

His jaw clenched when he regained his balance. Then his facial expression softened when he looked at me. His eyes were full of worry.

"You okay?" He asked, offering me his hand.

I grabbed his hand. He pulled me up to his arms.

"I'm fine. Thanks." I held his forearm, trying to balance myself.

"Goddamn pigeons!" Hank yelled, the pigeons went crazy at the sudden movements in the room. I let go of Connor. I looked at him straight in the eye, he stared back, I understood what he wanted to do. I nodded, giving him my permission to go after the deviant.

Connor smiled at me for a brief second. I could see the determination in his eyes. "What are you waiting for?" Hank's voice cracked, "go after him!"

Connor's eyebrows narrowed and he sprinted out of the door. Connor ran outside quickly with non-human speed.

I grabbed onto Hank, trying to regain my composure. "The deviant scared the living hell out of me." I said. My heart was still beating rapidly and the pain in my arm felt like a bitch.

After a second, I let go of Hank. I took a deep breath and said, "Let's go."

Hank and I started to run after them.

"Are you fucking seeing this? He has the speed of a track star! Fucking stamina, man." I gasped under my breath while running with Hank who was three feet behind me. I could see Connor jumping across from a building. He looked like a kid from the distance.

"Keep on going [Y/N]! I just need to stop for a second." Hank mumbled. I turned my head to see him crouching his legs and putting his hands on his thighs.

"I can't leave without you Señor." I stopped running.

Hank lifted his head, his chest was heaving. "Why the fuck not?"

My throat tightened. "Because my mom left me when I was a baby. I swore to myself that I will never leave anyone else behind."

For some reason, Hank's face flashed with guilt. He opened his mouth like he wanted to say something to me, but he closed it.

I put my hands on my hips, tapping my foot. "Plus we are partners. So you better start running before you will be whining about your ass after I kick it."

Hank's guilty face disappeared as he let out a harsh laugh, "You remind me a lot of me, you know that?"

"I'm not that old, old man." I smirked. He straighten his back and we started to run again. We decided not to jump across the buildings, so we took the long way.

"'Move! Detroit police!" I said, pushing people out of the way. Some of them didn't respond too well of me disturbing their shopping.

"aye! Stupid bitch!" Some guy that I pushed angrily replied.

I flipped him off while running. I exited the garden with my mind racing. I didn't know where to go.

The only thing that I cared about at the moment was finding the deviant and making sure Connor is okay. I stopped running when we ran to an edge of the building.

Hank continued the run to the other side of the building. I titled my head, confused. That was when I saw Hank pulling out his gun was when I understood.

"Stay still!" Hank said, but the deviant besides him didn't listen. The android pulled Hank aside, and he fell.

Hank somehow managed to hold onto the ledge of the building. His face was full of pain as he tried to pull himself up.

"[Y/N]." He gasped out, "I need to tell you something."

"Save it." I told him, trying to pull him up but he was too heavy. Connor came up running besides me. His LED turned yellow as he looked at Hank and where the android left running. I looked at him with pleading eyes.

"Please help me Connor."

Connor kneeled down and pulled Hank up to the roof. Hank collapsed onto the floor. He let out a relieving sigh.

"Stay here." I said, running to the direction where the android went.

"Detective!" I heard Connor's voice but I kept running. I felt my lungs burning, my legs aching, but I kept pushing. I continued running until I saw the edge of the building. My whole body was telling me to stop, but I couldn't.

When I hit the edge of the building, I jumped and landed on the other side with my feet. My eyes widen and I touched my stomach and chest. Still intact.

"Thank you GOD!" I yelled.

The android heard me and turned, "You're a human."

I pulled out my gun out. "A human who is armed," I pulled down the safety, "and a very dangerous one. So I recommend you to get down on your knees before it gets nasty."

The android growled, "You humans are scums. You abuse our kind. You use us!"

I stepped closer to him, "Listen. I'm not even a big fan of humans. I care more about animals more than humans, but I'm just doing my job."

The android lowered his cap, "You are still a disgusting human. I will not go with you!" He charged at me, colliding his body with my body. I dropped my gun from the collision.

He swung his fist to my face, but I dodged it. I took this advantage to give him a body hit to the ribs. The android stumbled the the side. I pulled him to his feet, almost tearing the collar...I heard the slight rasp of material ripping.

"Do you want to fucking try to hit me again?" I growled, pulling him closer to my face. The android didn't say anything, I pulled him to his back, and cuffed him.

"Detective." I heard Connor behind me.

"You did a number on him [Y/N]." Hank said, taking the deviant from me. He trashed against Hank's hold.

"I will not go!" The deviant yelled, stepping on Hank's foot. The deviant managed to escape and he ran to the edge of the building. I attempted to go after him but it was too late. The deviant fell...

A/N: Reader is now a detective because I realized the reader is too young to be a lieutenant.