Chapter 7 - Eden Club

A/N: There's a part in the story that can be triggering for some people. There will be a warning beforehand.

The vibrant purple lights blinded my vision. I blinked several times to adjust with the flashy lights. When I reopened my eyes I saw more than a few half naked androids in glass tubes. Connor stopped in front of a tube of one of the exotic android dancers. She gave him a flirty glare and winked as she swayed her hips. Her hands rubbed against the glass, she gave him a smirk. Connor didn't move from his spot. He stayed tranced to her movement.

My hands clenched into a fist. Connor didn't need to see that. He didn't need to see that metal bucket staring at him sexually; like some predator. I walked behind him and gave the female android a viscous facial expression. She stopped looking at Connor when she saw me. Her expression was plain but after looking at me up and down; she gave me a wink.

I shook my head. I put my hand on his shoulder, turned him around, and glared at him with intentions of smacking him.

"Connor what fuck are you doing? And [Y/N] stop touching the poor kid." Hank angrily said.

Instantly, Connor snapped out of it. He tilted his head confused at my sudden gesture. My cheeks flushed and I let go of his shoulder.

Maybe what I did was unnecessary, but it didn't like him staring at that android.

"Coming, Lieutenant." Connor said, leaving me alone.

"He was ogling some almost naked android, Anderson. I just wanted to save his innocence." I said when we entered the main part of the club. Hank let out a laugh.

"What's funny?" I narrowed my eyes. Hank stopped laughing and waited for Connor to be far from us before he said something that punched me in the gut.

"Enough with the bullshit, [Y/N]. You look at him with lustful eyes, it's obvious. I used to stare at my wife the same way before she left me after Cole's death."

"Wait. What happened to your daughter after
your wife left?" I asked. I knew it was off topic but I became curious. Hank's eyes widen, he didn't expect that response.

"Cole's twin sister, a few minutes older than him, was taken away from me a few weeks later." He took a deep breath and continued, "I'm done. I don't need to tell you my life story. My point is a blind man can even tell that you feel an attraction to Connor. The only thing that's going to take away his innocence is you, [Y/N]."

I growled. He was pushing it. "Anderson, don't you dare—"

He cut me off, "I am not naïve. I have seen your sudden glances and touches. It's damn awkward. I feel like some third wheel." He looked at Connor, who was examining the area. "Just don't hurt him okay?"

My eyes soften. "I would never hurt him."

"Good." It took me a few minutes to review what Hank told me. It made me realize that I need to stop manhandling Connor with aggressiveness. However, Connor has tendency to just stare at me. I don't entirely hate that...

Hank and I walked up to some old guy.

"Hey! Ben!" He said cheerfully, with a smile. Connor decided to join us when the Ben started to tell Hank about the dead android.