Wedding Cakes and Green Eyed Monster 2

Cassie

Surprisingly, the ride home with Tyler last night was something I did not expect. It was comfortable and not even a bit of tension. It was like highschool all over again. We talked about random things - jobs, books, places we've been, food - but one thing I've noticed is that he seem to be avoiding the topics which could lead us back to our past... but hey, who am I kidding? Tyler and I are on the same page when it comes to talking about our past. I, myself, don't think it's a good idea to reminisce how we were so in love before and how the hell we - or more specifically he - fell out of it. I don't think I want to have "that talk" with him. It seems it's all cool now between the two of us, at least that's what I told him when he kind of ask me yesterday. As the saying goes - it's all water under the bridge.

Before we left Tanya's apartment last night, my brother, Chris asked us if we could sub or attend for them the cake tasting. According to him they got their schedules mixed-up and have to attend to a much more important meeting. We agreed, we just have to pick the three best tasting ones and then the couple will just pick from them in the next scheduled meeting, easy right?    -Wrong, I was so WRONG.

If only I knew what was in store for us today, I wouldn't have come...

Tyler picked me up at around nine in the morning and we went straight to the bakeshop. There waiting for us is a very blonde, very sexy and very gorgeous lady in red...

I suddenly felt under dressed with my dark blue peasant blouse and white skinny jeans.

" Hi there, you must be Chris and Tanya..." she offers her hand to me

" Oh no, I'm Cassie - Chris' sister. They couldn't make it today so they asked us to fill in. Choose three today and they'll decide from those in your next meeting." I explained to her. After that her eyes left mine and landed on Tyler who I forgot was standing behind me...

I saw the lady in red bit her lip seductively while looking at Tyler and eyeing him from head to toe. Then she walked past me to get to Tyler and introduced her self...

" Hi, I'm Brenda. What's your name?  Are you her brother too?" she asked rather seductively

" I'm Tyler and - " before Tyler could finish whatever he was going to say to her I cut him off

" So Brenda could we start right away? I was hoping to finish early, I have somethings to take care of after this..." I seem to caught her off guard cause the red lady blushed

" Ofcourse,.. get your selves seated over that table while I go check the samples..." then she disappeared behind the kitchen French door.

Tyler and I made our way to the table but before Tyler manage to pull a chair for me I already got my self seated. Just then I looked up to him and saw him shaking his head and letting out a soft sigh...

" What? " I asked, I don't know why but I feel slightly irritated at him right after his almost flirting with Brenda

" Nothing.." he said trying to keep him self from smirking at me

We sat there in silence. Me, pretending to check my phone for messages and Tyler playing with his car keys. After few more minutes Brenda came out of the kitchen followed by her two assistants carrying trays with twenty different flavored cakes.

Tyler isn't really into cakes so I ended up test-tasting everything. While in the middle of an internal debate between carrot flavored or chocolate flavored cake I noticed that I was alone at the table. Where's Tyler? I looked around the room and found my dear ex-boyfriend not so far away on another table having coffee with non other than Brenda. Oh, how professional of her! Leaving me here while I taste all her disgusting cakes! - well, not really disgusting. Most of them really taste good but that doesn't give her the ticket to flirt and have coffee with my Tyler!

-whoa, wait! Just TYLER, not MY TYLER!

But I have to be sensible here, its not just Brenda's fault, although I can see and hear that she's shamelessly flirting with him - partially it's Tyler's fault too. And since there's nothing I can do much with Brenda's flirting - I'll solely concentrate on Tyler.

Without thinking more of it, I decided to interrupt their flirting session and called Tyler over. He then walked over to me while Brenda went back in the kitchen...

" What do you need me for Cassie?" I looked at him straight in the eye trying to see if he's somehow irritated that his flirting/coffee date with the lady in red was interrupted but his expression was far from irritated , he looked relieved instead

" I need you to help me decide on which three I would recommend to Chris and Tanya... You should taste them first " He frowned but didn't say anything. I know how much Tyler hated cakes, as in he really doesn't like them. I don't really know why but I remember one time back in highschool when he was dared to eat a whole slice of carrot he threw up a lot and  that's why I'm making him eat some. He looked at me as if saying 'are you crazy? have you forgotten that I don't eat cakes?' I can see that he's weighing his decision - to eat or not to eat. After a minute or so he picked-up a fork and took a bite off all the cake slices one by one. After he finished tasting each flavor he looked at me and said -

" Mocha, Chocolate and Strawberry"

After that he stood up and ran to the comfort room... I know he's going to throw up, how humiliating for both him and Brenda.

Paybacks a bitch!