Chapter 13

After your small ordeal with Hanji, you finished getting dressed and headed to the field where your squad would be waiting. If things weren't already bad enough, you still had this whole pregnancy thing to deal with. You were worried because the chances of Alice being excused from an expedition on such short notice was very slim, and not to mention you practically screamed in her face. You were so deep I thought that you almost passed your squad. It was Lissa clearing her throat that caught your attention. When you faced them they performed their salute and chanted good morning in unison.

You dismissed them with a small wave of your hand and went right into today's plan. "Alright," you said. "You should all know that tomorrow is the 57th expidition outside of the walls." Their faces grew more nervous with your every word. You couldn't blame them, not many made it out alive. You've even had a few close calls yourself in past expeditions. "Today, we are in charge of making sure there is enough medical supplies. If we are low on something we must go into town and get it. Understood?" You asked. "Yes ma'am!" They all chanted. You nodded in approval and beckoned them to follow you to the medical shed.

Once there, you gave everyone a clipboard and dismissed them to take stock of what was needed and what wasn't. You were checking how much gauze was left when you felt a small tap on your shoulder. You tuned to face a timid Alice clutching her clipboard to her chest. "W-We need a-at least three m-more jars of d-disinfectant." She stuttered while keeping her eyes focused on the ground. You let out a small sigh and placed your hand on her shoulder. "Alice, look at me." You commanded. She slowly raised her head until she was looking right into your eyes. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped at you like that." After those words left your mouth, she seemed to relax. "I plan to talk to Erwin later today, but the chances of him excusing you from the expedition are very small. I'm sorry."

A smile played across her lips and tears welled in her eyes. You grew confused as too why she was smiling, yet crying at the same time. "Are you okay? Did I say something wrong? I'm not good at apologizing, but-" your rambling was cut off when Alice threw her arms around you and gripped you in a tight embrace. Your arms floated behind her for a moment, unsure what to do with them, before you slowly brought your arms down and hugged her back. "Thank you." Was all she whispered. You could feel her tears soaking the back of your jacket. You realized now that she wasn't crying because she was sad, she was crying out of happiness. Relief washed over you knowing she forgave you.

You both stood there, hugging eachother when someone clearing their throat caught your attention. When you both pulled away you saw Bruce, Lissa, and Lucas looking at the two of you with small smiles on their faces. You stood straight and cleared your throat before speaking. "Well are we low on anything major?" They all nodded and went over some of the supplies that were needed. "Alright, that's not too much. All of you head into town alone, I have some business to attend to." They all saluted as you dismissed them. Leaving the shed your squad headed for the gates while you went the other way, in the direction of Commander Erwin Smiths office.

[A/N:] OH MY GOD I FINALLY UPDATED