Chapter 13

I couldn't make up my mind. I was confused. I wanted to be done with it but now ... it wasn't possible to be done with it. I had planned to be through with it and to not think about all of it ever again but then after what had happened down in the dungeons, I needed to re-think everything. Which was a bad thing, it made it worse for me to think straight. 

My mind was a mess for the next few days. Luckily, no one noticed. It was weird, at my old school everyone had always noticed when something had been different with me straight away, it had been something new to pick on. But here it seemed to be that everyone just accepted the way I was, everyone had issues every once in a while, it was fine. It was different but it made me feel so much better.

"Are you done with potions homework already?" Neville asked me at breakfast. I nodded and laughed. "I did it last night when I couldn't sleep." Neville laughed too. "Can I copy it?" "Yeah, I'll get it for you later, it's gonna be new for Snape that you did your homework." "Probably." Georgia and Luna joined us at our table. "Where's Celine?" I wondered because normally she ate breakfast with us. "Look over, she's sitting with Harry and Ron." I laughed as I saw her flirting with Harry again. It really seemed like he got interested though. "She won't give up, right?" Neville asked with a smirk. "She really likes him" Georgia explained and started eating. "I think everyone but Harry can tell!" I said. Hoping no one would notice I turned my head around slightly and squinted over to Draco. I stared for a while, he didn't see me looking and none of the other Slytherins did either. Suddenly though, he turned his head too and stared directly into my eyes. That look scared me, it was cold and it would have surprised me if he would've tried to attack me after looking at me like that. 

I quickly looked away. Moments like that confused me, I was so mixed up. He had kissed me, he had fucking kissed me! But then he had just left me standing down there, making my urge to punch him again come back to the surface. Why had I even returned? I hadn't expected that at all. I mean, what had even made him do this? It was so ... no. I would not think about it. I wouldn't think about how it had been. Because that would make things even worse. I hadn't talked to him since it had happened but just because there hadn't been a chance, I never really saw him. Now, at breakfast, this was the first time I saw him outside of class since it had happened. It had happened. It wasn't worth labelling. I still couldn't believe that it had even happened though. It was so crazy, so messed up. I would've not expected it at all. 

"Sam? Are you alright?" Neville asked me from the side because I was lost in my thoughts. "Yeah!" I said with a smile and turned to him, just to not look to the Slytherin table any more. They were probably talking about me. I wondered if Draco had told them. No, that would be embarrassing, right? But maybe it had been like a bet. "Draco, kiss the new girl, you'll get 20 bucks", maybe it had been something like that. It had to have been something like that, he was way too proud. He hated me, it was obvious. He was a bully, why did he confuse me so much? He was supposed to make me hate him with his insults but for some reason I couldn't figure out how I really felt about him.

We got up to go outside for my class of Care Of Magical Creatures and Neville had Herbology. "You two are always together? You're not a couple, are you?" I heard a voice next to me, the voice that gave me chills. I looked at Draco, this was the first time he had talked to me, well us, since it had happened. He had a vicious smile on his face and he was surrounded by his friends, those were the worst possible circumstances to encounter him. 

"Even though we're not, we are still closer than you and your friends!" Neville said not shy at all now. I was impressed and it made me happy that he was acting up and showing some confidence. Draco looked at him, his face was dark and serious. "Do you think you can hurt me, Longbottom? Do you really think you can? Make me care for what you say? I know what hurts you, you fucking weak piece of shit. Don't make me talk about what makes you cry." I looked at Neville from the side. "That's not what I'm saying. Maybe you should be a little nicer or you'll end up on your own, all lonely and bitter. This way you'll never have a girlfriend or a family" Neville shouted, he was angry, I never saw him like this. His face turned red. 

"Oh and you will?" Draco scoffed. "If I didn't know better I'd say you're just so offended by this because you actually have a big crush on Baker." Neville stared at the ground. I couldn't handle the look on Neville's face after Draco had said that. He was obviously sensitive about that as well. I looked up to him, turned his head to mine and leant in, for a short second, I kissed him. It was out of nowhere, on impulse , just for a moment, to make them shut up. He seemed shocked but he didn't draw away, he just moved my lips with his for that short amount of time. I heard the Slytherins laughing and going away. I drew back again and looked up at Neville. He was confused, starstruck. "Sorry, I wanted them to be shocked, just so Draco feels bad after he said that to you" I said with a smile. "Thanks..." Neville just stuttered and walked into the other direction where he had Herbology. I walked over to Luna and Cho, apparently no one had seen me and Neville or if someone had, they had gotten that it had been because of the Slytherins. But they were still looking at me. They were all laughing at me but I didn't care. They had been shocked after that counter and Draco hadn't gotten what he had been going for, he hadn't hurt Neville as much as he had thought he would.

All throughout the lesson, they were making fun of me and I didn't see Neville for the rest of the day. When I went up to the Gryffindor common room with Celine, he wasn't there. And he wasn't in the great hall to eat, no one knew where he was. That way I was really worried when I went to bed at night.