Chapter 23

The game continued. I would end it, I wasn't going to win it but I was going to give up. I could resist him, he had no respect for me or my feelings. I believed in myself, I was sure I could do it this time, it tore me apart when he said those things to me and I could not handle those two faces of his any longer. I tried to avoid him as well as I could until I had my note ready, asking him to meet me on the owl tower that night because we had to talk. I took it out of my bag and read it once again before folding it and getting my wand out, hoping no one would notice that little flying piece of paper across the Great Hall.

"Wingardium Leviosa" I whispered and the paper flew over, I conducted it into the direction of Draco, under the table and managed to drop it into his bag with my concentration. I smiled when it was done, proud of myself for performing that spell so easily. "What are you doing?" Cho asked me from the side, looking at my wand. I put it away and turned around to her. "Nothing, just practicing some stuff" I replied.

And really, I was early when I climbed up to the owl tower but he was even earlier. I saw the glowing tip of the wand in the room before I even reached it. I sent a letter to Corey with Poppy and when I turned away from the window, Draco was standing right in front of me. It took my breath away and he took another step forward, making me back away and hit the wall. I was helpless, how could I have thought for a minute that I would be able to keep my mind clear when he stared right into my soul? He was too distracting. I should've ended it in the note, I realised.

"You wanted to talk to me" he said and leant in even closer, taking my hands into his. I licked my lips in frustration, looking up at him again. He bit his lip and kissed me. All my intentions went up in smoke and he let go of my hands when he knew I was going to run my fingers through his hair. He was messing with me, I knew he didn't want me to gather up the power to end it. He wanted to drive me crazy. His heart was running at the same speed as mine and he started moving his lips on mine faster, putting his hands down on my waist, pressing me harder into the wall with his body. His hand moved down a little and into my jeans and I gasped. "Draco..." I stuttered on his lips. Heavily breathing, he disconnected our lips and his hand retreated to my side again. 

"What's wrong?" he asked. "As you said, I wanted to talk to you." "I know" "So..." "So ... talk." I took a deep breath. My heart was still running, my whole body fought against the reason in my head to end it and talk to him about it. But I had to. 

"I can't do this anymore. I mean it. When I tried to end it before, you didn't let me but I need you to let me do this now. You can't be all that sorry about my past and then make me relive it all over again, it really hurts and I can't do it anymore. I cry myself to sleep every night because of you. How's that for not making me sad?" 

I didn't care anymore, I was ending it anyway so he could know all those things. "I hate you for turning me into such a mess, this is not me." He forced me into the wall again, kissing me roughly. I pushed him away this time, not taking any of his shit. Being angry seemed to be the key to resist him. He blinked several times and took my hands into his, attempting to pin me against the wall again. "You can trust me with all you've told me, there's nothing I'd tell anyone, I'd never insult you with anything personal. I don't understand myself sometimes. And when you cried in front us, I almost started crying myself because I couldn't go after you. I'm so sorry, believe me, I'm sorry." "I don't fucking believe you" I said. 

He crashed his lips on mine again, making me feel like I was on fire with this kiss. I felt his hands wandering over my body and once again he had caught a weak moment of mine. This kiss was desperate, as if he was trying to prove something to me. I tasted tears on his lips and it weren't mine. I pulled away. There was actually a lonely tear running down his face, I wiped it away quickly. "No" I said. As much as I wanted to hurt him sometimes, I could not see him crying. I had seen it before and it was a horrible thing to watch. Back then, I hadn't even liked him so now that I cared, it was even worse. He looked at me and bit his lips again. "Don't leave me on my own, I know how crazy and fucked up I am but I don't know what I'll do without you as my escape."