yoko meshi.

yoko meshi 
(n.) the peculiar stress of speaking a foreign language

Jaxx Springsteen is your usual dark, mysterious kind of person. The quiet girl that has a noisy reputation. She kept to her self mostly, but she did have a friend. She never talked to anyone about her past, which is why no one really knew what to say about her other than that she was hot and quiet, but that never stopped others from walking up to her to which she would give one word answers. She didn't really hate everything as everyone thought, just one person in particular: Ashton Irwin.

I sat down on my usual seat, ready to just breeze through classes I already know, but realized that this was French class and I hate French. I internally groaned as the bell rang and the teacher walked in. Opening up my textbook, someone cleared their throat next to me. I hate new students.

"Yes?" I turned my head only to be met with Ashton. "What do you want?"

"Nothing." He shrugged, tapping his fingers on his desk.

"Why are you even here? You never showed up to class before." I rolled my eyes and focused my attention on the teacher who was saying something in French.

"I love French. Well, not really love, but I know the class already."

"Oh, right. You took French twice sophomore year because you didn't have enough credits to become a junior." I teased, smirking a little.

To my relief, he kept silent after that. I tried to keep up with the teacher, I really did, but this was all just too stressful for me. Why do I even need to learn another language? I'm perfectly capable speaking English.

"All right class, this semester you will only have one project," Everyone cheered. "This project will be to get to know someone and at the end of the semester, tell us about them in French." Everyone groaned.

"So we have to pick a partner?" Someone asked.

"I've already picked a partner for you. The person next to you." The teacher smiled.

I looked to my side and saw that I only had one person next to me... Ashton Irwin. "No." I said, quite loudly at that.

"Jaxx, is there a problem?" The teacher turned around to face me and so did everyone in the classroom. Including Ashton who was smirking.

"Yes." I gritted through my teeth.

"What is it?"

"Him." What did I tell you about the one word answers?

"What about Ashton?"

"No." I repeated myself.

"Oh come on, Jaxx, be a good sport. Besides, aren't you two together or something like that?"

"No." I said even harsher than before.

"Then why does he call you babe? Never mind, that's not the problem. Listen, you two are partnering up whether you like it or not." He crossed his arms over his chest, as if daring me to challenge him.

"Fine." I stood up from my seat and exited the classroom even though the bell hadn't rung yet.

"Jaxx, wait," Ashton called.

"Go. Away." I walked even faster away from the classroom, trying to get away from him as quickly as possible.

"Come on,"

I took shelter in the girls' bathroom and hid there until the next class. No. No way was I going to get to know Ashton Irwin and no way was he going to get to know me.

••
yes yes it sounds a little cliche but it won't be I swear on ashton's drum sticks

yizz please share it woooo

btw don't mind the cast members thing, I still haven't figured a way to change it via mobile soz I picture Jaxx as Taylor Momsen bc she rules

-gabby "idk" what to do with life