As Long As You're Mine

A firm hand was placed around your hip as Steve pulled out into his side as you strolled down the bustling hallway.

"You're quite festive this year," Steve commented, peeking down at you as the two of you made your way to his locker.

You peered down at the blush pink jumper you wore before returning with a small smile.

"What can I say, I'm a sucker for all this mushy stuff." You shyly admitted with a shrug.

Steve bent down to place a soft kiss on your cheek, moving his hand from your waist up to the small of your back.

You jolted from his touch, clutching your cheek in surprise. You raised your eyebrows at Steve, your reaction was as if something had struck your cheek.

"Still there." You whispered, a smile creeping up on your lips. "The tingles."

Steve's concern quickly dissolved with relief, his strong hands softly clutching your cheeks, his thumb dragging across the apple of your cheek.

"Yeah?" He murmured with heavy eyes, his tongue drawing against his bottom lip. "What about now?"

The feeling of tingles erupted from the pit of your stomach as you melted into his lips. Your hand now finding its place on his chest, as you clutched onto the collar of his jean jacket, lightly tugging for him to close the small gap between you.

The warmth of his palm met the skin of your back as he slid a hand cheekily under your shirt. You felt his teeth against your top lip as he smiled against your mouth, his free hand pressed to the locker next to your head.

"Definitely." you breathed with closed eyes, only slowly fluttering open as you were left in pure bliss.

"Well," He drawled. "Let me know if they ever go away and I'll have work harder. Won't I?"

Your cheeks flushed with heat as you buried your face into his chest, flustered by his affection.

"You're absolutely adorable." He gushed as he pets your hair.

     Hand in hand, Steve walked you through the parking lot, his jacket hung loosely around your shoulders.

Steve's intention was to have you get in his car, and wait for a minute as he anticipated the car engine to take awhile to warm up. It was then that he would tell you to reach into the pocket of his coat. There you would find the rose gold ring, the metal twisted into the shape of a heart.

All was going just as planned until the group of kids, who had now become very fond of Steve, waltzed up toward you with goofy grins plastered on their faces.

"Hey Y/N." the boys sang, shoving their elbows into a very embarrassed Dustin. His cheeks burning a bright red as he avoided your confused smile.

"How are you on this fine Valentines day?" Mike said, putting a hard emphasis on the word Valentines practically shouting into Dustin's ear.

"Good?" You laughed as you gave a confused look at Steve, whose brow was furrowed at the groups' strange behaviour.

Dustin shoved a red wrinkled envelop into your hands, nervously looking up at you.

"Will you be my valentine?" he asked with hopeful eyes, watching as you unfolded the envelope.

Your name was written messily in black sharpie across the bright red paper, a sticker of a bear holding a heart sealed the envelope shut.

You couldn't help but smile at the sweet gesture, as it clearly had taken a lot of courage for him to present you with the little card. Especially with all his friends teasing and giggling behind him.

"Of course I will!" you smiled, bending down to give him a hug. "Thank's Dusty, this is so sweet of you!"

After that, the group ran off in a fit of giggles, leaving Steve feeling miffed as Dustin had beat him to the punch. You were supposed to be his valentine.

"Little shit," Steve grumbled as he marched toward his car.

"Steve, are you seriously pissed off at a fourteen-year-old?" you rolled your eyes, suppressing a laugh at his silly behaviour.

You sat in the front seat, the cold leather seeping through the blue denim of your jeans.

"Are you seriously pissed off at a fourteen-year-old?" he mimicked in a high pitched voice and a pout.

"I do not sound like that." you laughed, smacking his chest playfully.

He clutched his chest dramatically as if he had been shot, a strand of hair falling down the centre of his forehead.

"You look like Elvis with your hair like that." You hummed, your hand sliding from your thigh and bumping into the hard object in the pocket of Steves jacket. "whats this?"

Steve's hands became sweaty as he watched from behind his fingers, pressing his back into the car door.

"Open it." he groaned, now feeling anxious, embarrassed even as he watched your hands curiously dug into his pocket.

The small, maroon box now sat in your palm, the velvet fabric tickling your skin. Tears filled your eyes as you stared at the beautiful ring.

"Oh no, you hate it, don't you? Your crying! I fucked up." Steve rambled on, his hands nearly shaking.

"I love it." you choked out with tear-brimmed eyes. "I love you."

His features softened, a small hiccup escaping from his lips.

"Come here." His voice hoarse as he pulled you across the console, feverishly kissing your lips.

"I don't need anything, just as long as you're mine." You whispered into his ear.