First Love (Alternate Ending)

Dedicated to Jimininfiresme24
I apologise in advance if this is trashy. I'm not good with sad stuff.

***

"Hyung, wake up!"

Yoongi grumbled, turned away from the noise, and pulled his blanket over his head.

"Please hyung. Wake up! It's Taehyung."

Yoongi shot up. It took him a moment to process the sight in front of him. Jimin was sitting next to him on his bed. His cheeks were streaked with tears.

He cupped his boyfriend's face in his palms and kissed him before asking him what was wrong.

Within the next ten minutes, the two of them were in front of Taehyung's house.

***

It had been raining nonstop for the past three days. School had declared a holiday until further notice. After the first two days of being cooped up with his aunt and insufferable uncle, Taehyung had gone to visit Hoseok. He was miserable. His parents hadn't written to him in two weeks. So he decided that he would spend some time at the Jung's place before heading home for the night.

When Taehyung hadn't returned two hours after bedtime, his aunt got worried. It was not like him to be out so late. Besides, after she had confronted his uncle, she had grown close to the boy, giving herself the chance to be a kind, pampering aunt. She knew he would not do anything to get her too worried. She set off in search of him.

She found him in a playground. He was sitting on the merry-go-round, hunched against the rain and the biting wind. She called out to him, but he did not seem to hear her. She got close to him and what she saw frightened the life out of her. He was shivering violently, tears streaming down his face. She gathered him in her arms and gently half carried, half supported him home.

When they got home, she put him straight to bed. She tucked him under a pile of blankets and brought him hot soup. He had developed a terrible fever.

He was delirious. He kept muttering to himself, and the only name that was repeated constantly was Hoseok. His aunt was terrified by now. Her husband was not at home, and she had no means to take him to the hospital. She did the only thing she could think of- she took her nephew's phone and dialed Jimin's number.

***

Jimin and Yoongi carried Taehyung to their car and drove him to the hospital. They were terrified for their friend. Tae was unconscious on the back seat, his head on his aunt's lap. His fever was unbelievably high and he would mutter under his breath from time to time.

They took him to the emergency unit and waited for over two hours. When the doctors emerged, they said that he would be fine. They recommended that the person called Hoseok visit him to help quicken his recovery. Jimin and Yoongi exchanged glances of worry. Where were they to find Hoseok?

***

"Hello!"

Taehyung opened his eyes and his face lit up, "Hey hyung! I missed you!"

Hoseok engulfed him in a warm hug. Tae was shocked when his shirt turned damp.

"Hyung? Are you crying?"

He pushed the older boy away from him to get a better look at his face, and his heart nearly broke at the sight of the tears.

"What's wrong, hyung?"

Hoseok sniffed slightly. He then reached out to stroke Tae's hair. He spoke in a soft voice, "I'm sorry for all the trouble I caused."

"Trouble?"

"You are so ill because of me. You went out in the rain to come to my house and I couldn't give you what you wanted."

Tae looked up at him confused. It was true that he had initially wanted to go to his senior's house, but he had changed course when he was halfway there. Something had made him do that. He couldn't remember what it was.

Hoseok cupped Tae's face in his palms, "You do know that I'm not here, don't you?"

"Not-not here? What do you mean, 'not here'?"

Hoseok sighed and kissed his boyfriend.

When he pulled away, Taehyung was left feeling cold in an empty hospital room.

***

Should this be the end of the alternate end? Yeah I think I'll leave it at that. Do comment and tell me which one you like better! I personally prefer the original because it's got hope and everyone lives happily ever after. I always did like stories that ended well. Buuuuuuuut this ending has potential to offer a sequel with a happily ever after, so tell me what you think hehehehehe ;)