Chapter 3

Sweater Weather - The Neighbourhood

Everything was going good. Perfect actually.

You know what happens when everything is going good? Something or someone just has to happen to make it horrible. To make life horrible.

A week has passed since the roses and my reciprocation with Jesse. He is still in my 7th period so I guess he's staying. Here at my school you only had a week to change the schedule or you're stuck in the classes you have until the second semester.

"Emilia, watch out!"

You know how I said that something just has to ruin a perfect day? Well me being so caught up in thinking about a boy who actually shouldn't even be on my mind because I mean, who am I kidding? I mean nothing to him. The person that has their eyes on me has the initials R.A. The last time I checked I knew no one of such initials.

Again, overthinking and being sidetracked instead of focusing on the situation going on in reality is one of my fortes. Other than volleyball and being clumsy of course.

"Watch out for where you're going, skank."

I had ran into a tall, blonde with a ludicrous face. The mouth that these specific and brusque words came out of was none other than Maria Kortez. The schools most popular girl. Also the girl who might I add is dating the Jesse Adams. At least thats what the rumors say. No one exactly knows for sure other then them two of course.

"I-I'm sorry." I reply despairingly.

"You should be," she looks down at me with the evil morbid green eyes, that everyone knows are contacts, and continues "the next time I see you around you better watch your back, Brooks."

"Alright okay that's enough walk away, Kortez." My best friend steps in. She has always had my back knowing my past with Maria. Not only was Maria the worst person in the school, but I was her favorite target. Ever since the incident. As she's walking away Kalia steps in-front of me to block the the view of Maria walking away.

"You okay, Em?" K asks me. She was truly the best friend anyone could ask for. She was the perfect person. It surprised me how she didn't have a boyfriend and was only friends with me. She had long brown hair that reached her hips and a teeth that any toothpaste company would pay thousands for. She was never insecure and always knew when I needed her.

"Yeah I'm okay. Lets just get today over with."

"Are you sure Em? I can kick a girls ass faster than you can say Bite Me."

"I'm sure Kalia, thank you." I smile a genuine smile at my best friend, we're more like sisters but she has enough of those already.

**

"Now students you will partner up and do a project about the Acute Brain Syndrome or as it's called Delirium."

I have no friends and I hate socializing. I have never been able to master it and I never will.

"Em, you're my partner."

My eyes widened as big as a tennis ball.
This can not be happening. I was just trying to stay low on the radar and not let anyone see me. Of course I can't just get through a day of high school without anything happening can I? No I can't.

I turn around, eyebrows narrowed in confusion and look at the perpetrator who committed the crime of making my day even worse. "Excuse me, Jesse, but I already have a partner." I make up a lie. I look around the room knowing what the next question is.

"Oh really, who princess?"

That word oh god, that word makes my heart jump. I look to the kid sitting in front of me. His name is Ethan and I rarely talk to him, but he's nice. So he will say yes.

"It's Ethan. He's my partner," I turn around and watch as Ethan turns around so very slowly smiling shyly." I continue to prove to Jesse I don't need him as a partner "right Ethan?"

"Um excuse you but I already asked Ethan to be my partner so back off." A girl next to Ethan screeches. I look back to Jesse and see his mischievous smirk.

"Looks like you're my partner, baby girl."

Jesus those cat names are absolutely detestable, but he continues to call me them. Why? How should I know.

I finally give in, knowing damn well I won't find another partner in this whole class since everyone has already found on. "Fine, but you have got to stop calling me those nauseating cat names."

"Sure thing, Sweet Pea." The boy with no sense of apparent hearing states. This boy is going to drive me absolutely crazy.

Hey turtles! So this is a short chapter to introduce Maria & more about Kalia

Hey turtles! So this is a short chapter to introduce Maria & more about Kalia. Just to update a little more!

Don't forget to leave a vote & comment!

Love you! Stay blessed :)
- Alyssa Nicole ❣️

Love you! Stay blessed :) - Alyssa Nicole ❣️