greywater on my shoes

stan had already left to meet his friends at the barrens

stan had already left to meet his friends at the barrens. addie promised she'd be right there, she just wanted to finish the chapter she was reading in her book. addie finished the last page and closed her book. she grabbed her things and left her house, not even saying bye to her parents.

addie hummed softly to herself as she walked the familiar path to the barrens. she spotted a familiar powder blue car up ahead and sighed to herself as she saw henry look at her through the rolled down window. addie tried to find a street she could turn down, but couldn't before henry had made belch take a u turn to drive by addie.

"want a ride?" henry offered addie.

"no thanks, i need the exercise." she replied, offering henry a tense smile.

henry whistled, "you look pretty damn fine to me."

addie scoffed, "it's a nice day bowers, but thanks for the offer."

"you sure sugar? the barrens are a far walk." henry offered again.

addie sighed, she did know it was a long walk, especially if bowers was going to harass her the whole time. she looked around to see if anyone she knew would see her get into belch's car.

"fine." addie said simply.

henry honestly looked surprised, like he didn't think addie would accept. the car came to a stop and victor opened a back spot before scooting to the middle seat. addie smiled at victor, appreciative that he didn't make her sit by patrick.

addie climbed in and left the seatbelt unbuckled, assuming they'd give her shit for buckling it.

"thanks for the ride." addie said to belch.

he nodded, but didn't give a verbal reply. henry was quick to turn around and face addie.

"why you off to the barrens?" he asked.

"babysitting." she answered, wanting them to know she'd be with stan and his friends.

"sounds boring. ditch your dorky brother, hang with us." henry suggested.

addie shook her head, "i like watching him. he isn't dorky either. he's smart." she defended.

victor reached forward and roughly whacked henry's upper arm. "don't be a dick dude."

"you should hang with us sometime though." victor then said to addie.

she nodded, "as long as you don't invite your dorky friend." she said with emphasis on the word dorky.