mr. keene's pharmacy

the group of kids pedaled to mr

the group of kids pedaled to mr. keene's pharmacy, all while eddie rambled nervously about aids.

"you know, my mom's friend in new york got in just by touching a dirty pole in the subway! in the subway! and a, a drop of aids blood got into his system through a hangnail, a hangnail!" eddie ranted as he pedaled his bike.

addie rolled her eyes as she ran alongside the boys. she always walked when they went to the barrens, as she was scared of getting her bike dirty of having it stolen or fucked up by someone (henry). so she had to run on foot with them biking to the pharmacy.

eddie continued talking as they all slowed to a stop in the alley beside the pharmacy. he said something about alley's being full of aids needles or something and bill cut him off.

"r-richie stay here." bill ordered, pointing to him.

richie sighed and looked down as the rest of the kids ran off after bill towards the door of the pharmacy. addie held it open as the boys filed in. eddie led them over to the medical aisle and he started picking up things like bandages and cotton balls.

"how are we gonna afford all that?" stan asked quietly.

"this is all we got." bill added, holding up about three crumpled dollar bills.

eddie sighed frustratedly, "really?"

"hey ed's, don't you have an account here?" stan wondered.

eddie gave him a look. "if my mom finds out i bought all this stuff for myself i'll spend the rest of the week getting x-rayed." he almost whispered.

addie sighed and dig through her pockets. she found a dollar on her pocket and handed it to bill. "that's all i have." she commented with a frown.

they heard a faint gasp and turned to face a familiar red haired girl. she had one hand behind her back and an almost "deer caught in headlights" expression.

"you okay?" bill asked kindly.

"i'm fine. what's wrong with you?" she replied quickly and almost defensively.

"n-nothing." bill stuttered.

"there's a kid outside who looks like someone killed him." eddie said in a faster voice than normal.

stan sighed at eddie's inability to keep anything to himself.

"we need some su-supplies, but we don't have enough money." bill added, sounding ashamed.

beverly glanced over her shoulder and pursed her lips.

"i can help." she shot a look at addie, and immediately the other girl knew what beverly was suggesting.

mr. keene was notorious for being a major pervert. every girl in derry knew about it. how he watched girl's shopping and made inappropriate comments to them at checkout. it would be easy for the two girls to distract him so the boys could get out.