Lesson 4

SATURDAY

"Alright Miss Chung, I'm ready to go," you said.

She nodded and started walking, "You're meeting with Prince Namjoon today. As I said last week, you can go wherever you want, it doesn't matter as long as you return before eight the following morning. That's when the next girl is scheduled to have her meeting."

You nodded, "Understood."

She smiled thankfully, opening the door for you, "Good luck, miss Y/N."

You returned the smile and walked inside. The room was still somewhat dark because of how early it was, but the light from the garden outside was giving the room a soft glow. You curtsied, greeting the prince.

"Good Morning, Prince Namjoon."

He laughed, "And here I was thinking that you'd lost all formality."

You smiled sheepishly and sat across from him, "So, what would you like to do today?"

He crossed his legs and put a hand under his chin, "What would you like to do?"

You chuckled, "I asked first. Just say anything, I'm not very picky."

He leaned back, "I like hiking and riding my bike but I'm not sure those would interest you."

You shrugged, "I can be a jack of all trades, but master of none."

He laughed, "You are a master of exceeding my expectations."

You smiled, "Well, that's good for me I suppose."

"If you'd like to hike somewhere new, then we could walk on a path I went to a few months ago."

He nodded, "Where is it?"

~

"Did you put on sunscreen?"

You nodded, "I have some in my backpack if we stay out longer than planned."

He smiled, "I've never been here before. It looks great."

"The weather is pleasant as well, so I don't think we'll end up severely dehydrated," you joked.

The both of you had packed small bags of water and snacks, Namjoon insisting on packing lunch for the day while you packed extra bottles of water and sunscreen.

You made sure to wear a baseball cap so that your scalp didn't burn, and so you didn't go completely blind. You didn't own sunglasses anyways so even if you hated wearing hats you'd rather be annoyed than burned.

"How long do you usually spend hiking?" You asked, taking a sip from your water bottle as you both stopped for a break.

He shrugged, "It depends. If I go alone, sometimes I'll spend the whole day walking, but if I go with one of my brothers, they're not always as willing."

You nodded in understanding, holding your hand out for his bottle as you stuffed yours in your bag, "My mother didn't like me going out alone, especially to a secluded place like this, but she doesn't enjoy the outdoors as much as I do. My cousin would offer to go with me sometimes, but she has asthma so I couldn't walk for that long."

"My parents don't let me go anywhere without a guard."

"Oh yeah," you said, "Prince Taehyung said the same thing."

Namjoon nodded, "Yeah, the guards try not to bother me during this part of this event, so they came and surveyed the area an hour before we arrived."

You mouth formed an 'o', "So that's why we left later than usual?"

He nodded, "It seems like too much, but you can't blame them. It's their job and it's not like I'm the safest person to be around seeing as there are people who would pay to have me killed."