Q&A + Announcement

These questions are from Wattpad, Quotev, and the free response quiz I have on my profile (on Quotev). Keep in mind some are questions that I've gotten multiple times, and some have been reworded because they were not originally in the question format, but I still thought they should be included.

The announcement is at the bottom of this chapter.

DISCLAIMER: Please keep in mind that I am in no way offended or annoyed by the comments and questions you all leave me. I respect everyone's questions and greatly appreciate them!

~

Q: Why isn't the reader's past more interesting? Why did you make her so bland?

A: To be entirely honest with you, it's because it's a reader insert. I don't feel like most people have the same tragic backstory. I wanted to embrace the normality of the average household. I didn't say it outright, but the reader lives with her mother, who raised her on her own. Her father died when she was young and, while it's very heartbreaking,  I actually don't think a tragic backstory is necessary for this type of fan fiction.

~

Q: Is the reader ever going to loosen up around her friends? It feels like she's too proper too often.

A: I myself am pretty closed off and nervous around new people, and it takes me a while to open up. This story has already taken place over the course of 8+ weeks, but it's only about 20 chapters long. I'm having a bit of trouble trying to develop the reader's personality without it looking like the story is going too fast. I'll do my best to improve!

~

Q: Is Yoongi not going to have a chance? Is he not going to have his own ending?

A: I've said it before, and I will say it again: EVERY ONE OF THE BOYS WILL GET THEIR OWN ENDING!!!

I said this was an OT7 fic, so either way, Yoongi would have to get back in the game eventually, correct? I'm just trying to add some more interest to the story you don't have to worry your bias will have their time to shine.
I also understand that it's taken a lot of chapters to get to the hinted romance, but don't worry! It's going into full gear now!

~

Q: Could you make it a poly relationship?

A: Absolutely not. In this story the boys are quite literally brothers. I will not support incest no matter how lighthearted the comment. I know they are not actually brothers in real life, but I please ask that you respect the tags I have given my story.

Edit: The reader will not be "shared" either.

~

Q: Can you make the chapters longer?

A: I am trying my best! Recently I've been giving myself a benchmark and I'm gradually increasing it, so I'm slowly training myself to make them longer and longer.

~

Q: Could you update more often?

A: I honestly would if I could! Recently I've found that my story has a lot of room to improve and I'm debating rewriting it or just finishing this one up as best as I can. No matter my decision, I will continue to write Etiquette!

But, all in all, it just takes me a lot of time to write and plan. Everyone writes at a different pace and honestly I think I'm on the slower end of the scale ^_^;

~

Q: Are you planning on introducing the other girls' pasts? Like Tina or Natalie?

A: I'm sorry, but no! I love the character's I've created for Etiquette, but their pasts and lives don't tie into the story. I am planning on giving them places in some of the endings though! They will be key players in how this story plays out, so I'm sure a little life story will come out sooner or later.

~

Q: Will there be more interactions with the other princes?

A: Definitely! But, of course, seeing as there are seven of them, it's hard to get the ball rolling on their individual relationships with the reader.

~

Q: Can I write a fan fiction of my own based off of Etiquette?

A: Of course! I would be very honored if you decided to write a story inspired by my work. All I ask is that you credit me somewhere in the story. The description, footer, first chapter--doesn't matter! Just please remember to credit me!

And if you do end up writing a story inspired by mine, please feel free to send them to me! I would absolutely love to read them!

~

And now for the announcement!

As I'm sure some of you have noticed, I have missed the past few updates I've promised. For that I'm really sorry, but I'm sorry to announce that I will be going on an extremely short hiatus!

At most, I will be on hiatus until early January, but at least until September. I just want to get all of my ducks in a row and plan ahead for at least a month. I hope to plan the rest of the story all the way to the individual endings. I'm sorry I had to do this, and I may or may not publish a chapter here and there just because I feel bad for leaving like this!

Again, I'm really sorry and I hope that I can stop disappearing like this :,)

My other stories will be ongoing though! So please check them out if you can!