Laurmani

A/N: A short little drabble thing because I had the idea and wanted to write it out. It's vague on purpose, just something short I wrote up super quickly.

Read and enjoy. :)

----------

Lauren stood outside the apartment door, taking a deep breath as she knocked. After a few minutes of no answer, she called out, "Mani, I know you're in there. Dinah says you haven't been outside the apartment much."

There was shuffling inside, and Lauren assumed Normani had moved closer to the door. She let out a short breath, leaning against the wall. "Look, you don't have to open the door right now, but if you could just listen to me, please."

She waited a few moments to be yelled at or told to go, but it never came. She nodded to herself, and started, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I let my pride get the better of me and refused to listen."

Lauren sank to the floor, staring blankly across the hallway. "I should have listened to you, and worked something out. I'm sorry I walked out and didn't try harder to fix things and compromise. I was stupid, but I didn't want to admit it."

She stopped for a few moments, putting her head on her knees. She looked up again, tears in her eyes and wiped them away. "I should have never walked out. And when I did, I should have came back sooner. I should have never walked away and left you alone for days."

Lauren leaned her head back against the wall. "I was stupid, and I was wrong, Normani. The worst part is I made you think I didn't love you. I do. God, I love you so much. I should have stayed and calmed down and worked things out. I didn't do that. I was too prideful and so much of an ass that I couldn't see I was wrong."

She stood up and face the door. She let out a deep breath and quietly declared, "This is me swallowing my pride, admitting I was wrong, and asking for a chance to fix things."

Lauren leaned closer to the door. "If you don't want to, if I fucked things up and can't fix them, I will leave and never come back." She closed her eyes as tears fell down her cheeks and pleaded desperately, "But if there's any chance I can fix this, make up for how much of an asshole I was, please, let me have it. I want to fix this, Normani. I love you so much. I should have shown it better, but you're worth fighting for."

She waited for a few seconds, but she didn't hear any movement. She sighed, holding back a sob. She turned from the door and started to walk away, only to whirl back around when she heard a lock moving.

The door opened, and Normani stood in the opening. They looked at each other in silence, blank stares on both their faces.

Finally, Normani smiled softly and stepped aside to let Lauren into the apartment.

Lauren sighed in relief and stepped inside, thankful for the chance she had and promising not to screw it up as Normani let the door close behind them.

---------

A/N: Hopefully you enjoyed, let me know what you think.