Chapter 2: Tension

Jungkook peered into the classroom of his first class. It was near empty with just a few students. He guessed he arrived a little early.

He sat by a desk in a corner beside the wall. He thought it would be a perfect spot where no one would notice him.

Jungkook put his head down and waited for class to start. Overtime, he started to hear more students enter the room, the atmosphere getting louder. He grew more and more nervous.

As more students entered the room, he felt a hard tap on his head. He looked up to see two unfamiliar boys standing in front of him, glaring at him.

Taehyung: "Why the fuck are you in my seat?"

Jungkook nearly flinched as he heard the boy's deep voice. It was quite intimidating. Next to him was a smaller boy who had a devious grin on his face.

Jungkook: "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know.

Taehyung: "Everyone knows I sit there, dumbass"

Jungkook swallowed as he looked at the agitated boy, his friend grinning at Jungkook's noticeable nervousness on his face. Jungkook didn't want any trouble on his first day.

Jungkook: "I'm n-new here and I didn't know this was your seat. I a-apologize"
-he stammered as he got up from the seat

Jungkook didn't even wait for a response before he quickly got up and sat in another seat, far from the boys.

Taehyung and Jimin eyes Jungkook as he moved away as they sat down at their seats.

Jimin: "That's the new kid? What a pussy. I think we found out new pet."

Taehyung continued to eye Jungkook as Jungkook nervously glanced back towards them and then looking away.

Taehyung: "Let's have some fun with him..."

A few minutes later, the teacher walks in and greets the class with a smile.

Teacher: "Good morning students! Before we get started with our lesson, I'd like to introduce our new student."
-she gestured toward Jungkook

The whole class turned to Jungkook. He hoped this wouldn't happen. He just wanted to stay in the corner unnoticed, but he stood up and introduced himself.

Jungkook: "H-hello. I'm Jeon Jungkook. It's n-nice to meet you all."

Jungkook could hear giggles from the otherside of the room, coming from the two boys he faced earlier. Oh boy, he we go, Jungkook thought to himself.

Teacher: It's nice to meet you too, Jungkook. So anyway, in today's lesson, we'll pick up where we left off last week.

Throughout the lesson, Jungkook kept his focus on the teacher. He could feel the two boys looking at him, occasionally hearing them laughing, but he kept hoping this was the only time he'd have to deal with them.