Part 3 of Middle

Taylor

Britt has agree to come with me, but her catch was that she can't be bound by the rules. I simply told her that there was no rules.

Our hands are gonna to be linked to make sure that our Gen is used in the other person's body. Britt has trained herself to hold her breath for 3 minutes. It's not a lot of time, but it's something.

She also has a plan of the prison from a long time ago, but she wasn't sure if it was still accurate.

"When did you got this map?" I asked her, as she rolled it out. I feel something bad in my gut.

"I think it was during a escape rebellion one time." She said confidently. Looking it over once, before rolling it up and crumbling it. She stood up with the crumbled paper in her hand. Then she took out a match and lighting it up. Britt then took a deep breath.

Then I blinked she disappeared and then she appeared before me. The crumpled paper and match were gone from her hands. Plus the fire alarm is turned on. Along with the sprinklers that are raining down on us.

"Tay you ready?" She held out a hand. I took it, and felt her hand folded with mine. Then looking to Britt who close her eyes and took another deep breath.

This was the first time that I saw Britt holding her breath. She opened her eyes and started dragging me around.

We did some twists and turns making me more amaze of Britt's abilities. Holding her breath while stopping time?! It's amazing.

We reached to a door in some time, she pointed towards it. Signaling me something but we didn't go over much of the plan. I quickly understood that she wanted me to use my Gen to go through the door. I could also see her struggling to hold her breath. I have to work quickly.

I close my eyes and concentrate as hard as I could. Imaging a hand going through a pane of glass untouched. I walked as I'm imaging it dragging Britt with me. I felt the heaviness of materials of the door as we pass through it. When we finally pass through Britt quickly gasped for breath. Her knees buckling before I caught on my arms. Then I slowly let us down onto the ground. If Britt was breathing it means we're safe for now.

She grabbed on my arms while panting. "Thanks."

I nodded even though she couldn't see me. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah." She looked up to me then with a smirk on her face. "Now let's get the hell out of here."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoy reading it! Please vote and comment!

As always thank you.