Chapter Three

My heart stopped beating right then and there. As I stared at Mom and the stranger, I felt my heart heat up. It started at my feet, all the way up to my heart, then my head. I felt dizzy but tried to keep my balance. As I tilted my head to the side, my body tilted with it. It's like all of the sudden my body is heavy. Heavier than a body should be, I hope. 

        I fell to my knees, sweat pouring down my forehead and onto the side of my face. Right then and there, my vision started to blurr. I tried to keep my eyes open, I really did, tried to keep my heart beating but it was so quick. My head started spinning. I couldn't breath, it felt as if my ribs were breaking. The pain was unbearable.

        It was getting worse minute by minute. Before the my vision turned black, the last words I heard were, "Don't fight the pain..."

x

        I awoke by the sound of beeping. My eyes opened to see a heart monitor laying beside the bed I was on. Was it a bad dream? I thought. No. No, it couldn't be. It felt so real. As I sat up, I noticed I was in my room again. Everything was the way it was when I left with Mom. There were a few shirts and skinny jeans laying on the floor with a pair of Jordan's beside them.

        My rainbow handbag was slung over an arm chair near my flat screen TV where my sliver diamond charm bracelet my real Mom gave me when I was eleven. I smiled at the thought. I really want my mom back, even if that meant I'd have to change a lot of things, and never have met the mom I had now.

        "I wish she was here..." I heard a voice say.

        I turned around quickly to see a little girl, maybe around the age of four or five, sitting on my desk with my laptop in her lap. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you." She said again, her little smile fading a bit. "B-But... I wanted to see if you were okay."

        "Thanks. And, I am. What happened?" I asked, my voice cracking at the end. I wrapped my hands around my neck to signal it was dry. Why was it dry? It was just fine a second ago. 

        "Do you need water?" Her British girl voice said. "I have a glass right here. It's all fine and dandy!" She giggled.

        "Yes. May I have that glass?" I asked.

        She nodded, walking over to my bed. I smiled in thanks as I chugged the water down, leaving none for later. "Nice and cold... Thank you." I said.

        "You are very welcome." She said. Putting a small, pale hand over my eyes, she whispered sweet words. "Close your eyes and sleep."

        Taking the glass of water out of my hand, she put it on the side table. My brows furrowed in confusion but I did as she said. I really don't need a tantrum right now. I sighed sleepily as I closed my eyes and faded into the darkness. It was beautiful and peaceful there. No one to disturb me, no one to judge me. Just me... Just me...

        I shot out of bed, my heart pounding so hard I wanted to cry. My throat was dry again but as I tried to reach for the glass of water again, it wasn't there. My mind started to play back the memory of the little girl. Only, it wasn't real. It felt real, but it wasn't. It was a dream.