Epilogue Part ll

Saudi Preston

I walk to the mailbox and open it and see a letter from the Penns State

I walk to the mailbox and open it and see a letter from the Penns State. My heart started beating out of my chest, fluttering like a balloon before beginning to sweat. I rushed to open it and started to read.

Dear Ms.Preston,

After careful consideration and reviewing your application

Blah blah blah. I scanned it for the words i frantically hoped to see.

We joyfully welcome you into our University

I scream out of pure excitement and jump around and the woman next to me stared.

"I GOT IN! I GOT IN! OH MY GOD!" I screamed.

I dropped to my knees and began to cry. Flashbacks of everything I went through with my mom. The abuse of her boyfriend and the depression I had. All the struggling and it finally paid off. Plus my daddy can pay for books, tuition and everything and I MADE IT.

I close my mailbox and run to my apartment and fling open the door to my daughter crying. No one knew about her except her dad. I had her at 17 a couple weeks before my mom took me to my dad's. That's the reason she took me to be honest. Her name was Alissa and she was now 4.

"What's wrong baby?" I asked her dropping the letter on my bed.

"I'm hungwy," She said still crying.

I looked in my refrigerator and saw nothing but a lemon and baking soda. There was no noodles not even a box of jiffy. I rubbed my eyebrows and picked her up. I went to my door and closed it locking it and carried her to my car. It wasn't like Asia's or nothing because I choose to go the right way instead of living off drug money. And with the right way came hard times like this. I out her in her car seat and strapped her in and closed the door. I got in on my side and strapped in and began to drive to the food pantry. Once I walked in I saw.... Fucking China. Her face dropped and she walked my way.

"Saudi who baby... Why are you,"

"Don't tell nobody," I said hushing her.

"Mommy who is she?" Alissa asked.

"Uhm, this is Auntie Cici," I said smiling.

"Hi, I'm Alissa but call me Alli,"She smiled.

"Alli? Well Alli you and Mommy get to come to my house tonight, Yay?" She smiled.