Chapter One (Edited)

I've always considered myself useless. All of the studying I put into my classwork, and all the help I put into my house hold, it all means nothing. No matter what I do, I am never good enough. I know, I will never be good enough.

"Get down here" my father yells, angrily. He hates me, I understand why. I am useless, no one will ever love me.

"Y-yes father" I ask not looking him in the eye. Rule number one, never look anyone in the eye.

"You have been sent a letter from Hogwarts Witchcraft and Wizardry, you are to get this list by the end of the summer and go on September first. You will be getting your stuff today. They have provided you the money needed" he hands me a sack of coins and I follow the directions given.

I tap the bricks in the Leaky Cauldron, and I see a gorgeous town. First thing on the list, books!

After I have gotten most things, I look at my list. All I have to get is a wand and an animal of my choice. Cool!

I walk into Ollivanders and a man with crazy hair stands behind a counter. He looks, for lack of a better example, like Einstein.

"Ah, Mrs. Granger. A muggle born child. Come, I will help you find your wand" he smiles and I step forward.

"Hello" I reply shyly and be hands me a wand.

"Let's try a fourteen inch, willow, with one unicorn tail hair" he hands me a wand and I grab it. With a simple flick, I am thrown into a wall.

"Ow" I exclaim as one of my bruises hits the door nob.

"No! Let's try 10 3/4 inch, vinewood, dragon heartstring core" he hands me a golden wand. I flick it, wearily, and it glows.

"Woah" I gasp.

"There you go Mrs" he smiles and I return it.

"How much" I ask.

"Free of charge, now off you go" he rushes me to the door and I go to get an animal. Maybe I will get a cat...

I sit in the library and read all of my new school books. By noon, I have read them all. I need a second year student!

I walk around until I catch a picture of a second years list. Now I can be ahead!

I get all of those books, at the library and read til six at night. Before anyone sees me, I put the books back and head home. My parents are asleep when I finally arrive.

Dear professor McGonagall,
I am most pleased to know that I will be attending. It is quite odd, though. The one thing I have been thought my entire life doesn't exist, exists. You must not know where I am coming from with that statement, anyway, I am pleased to join you in the upcoming school year. Have a great evening!

Sincerely,
Hermione Granger

I put my quill down and send the letter away. My mind hasn't been with me since I found out magic exists. I wonder how many spells I will get to learn!

-time skip to August first-

"Get out of my house" my father shoves and I leave the house. I finally get to be away from my father!

I arrive at Kings Cross and look for platforms nine and ten. No one was looking, and I took the opportunity to run through the portal. Magic really is strange.

I walk onto the train and sit in an empty compartment. No one joins me. The time says that we are about to be at the school.