Step 1

"Ahh... I've got the worst luck..." Kirai was standing in front of the closed gates of Wysterian Castle, annoyed because she missed her one and only chance to enter without being accused as an intruder. She let out an exhausted sigh and looked around for a way to sneak in, irritation visible in her every gesture. "Hmmmmm..."

She narrowed her eyes when her gaze landed on an ally between the forest and the Castle wall that might at some point probably connect to some place where she'd get a chance to sneak in. Without showing any suspicious expression Kirai turned to walk back the way she came, casually. But that was only to sneak back through the forest towards the targeted alleyway.

To her surprise, she actually did find a place with no visible gaurds. It must be around the rear side of Castle probably and leaving it empty wasn't too safe. "Are the Royal gaurds this dumb or is this some kind of trap?" Kirai thought to herself, hiding behind a tree.

In any case, it wasn't her headache at this moment, all she wanted was to quickly get inside and take what she came to get. She checked every possibility of trap as she got ready to jump in before anyone arrives. She looked around one last time, took a few swift noiseless steps and quickly jumped up. Her hands firmly caught a hold on the tip of the wall and she pushed on it with her feet to force her body up. But the moment she was going to jump down on the other side, someone caught a hold of her waist, effortlessly pulling her down. "Waaah!!!" Damn! This actually was a trap!

The next instant she was trapped but in a pair of strong arms. "What the hell were you trying to do!?" An authoritative voice snapped at her. She looked up to find that both the arms and voice belonged to a familiar person with crimson hair and eyes, Captain of Wysterian Royal Gaurd Alyn Crawford. Frowning, he glared at Kirai. "Oi! I'm asking something!?"

Kirai blinked in confusion. A part of her was relieved that she was found by someone she knew. It would be alot easier to explain herself. But still being found by him was more dangerous because he was the Captain. She was prepared to accept that she's done for as she opened her mouth to answer. But where the hell am I supposed to start!? "Ah...I wasn't trying to do anything bad, I just missed the chance to get in when the gates were open so I had to find some alternative way! That's all trust me!"

"Huh! And what business do You have in Castle? Don't tell you're aiming for being the princess!" Alyn pointed at her with a finger, eyeing her in suspicion.

"I wasn't! I would never think of taking on such a troublesome role!" Kirai shook her head. As realization struck her, she snapped. "Wait! What do you mean 'You'?"

"In any case, you were trying to sneak into castle and that puts you in a bad position." He let go of her waist, steadying her on her feet. His gaze was serious and intense as he stared down at her, frown fixed in its place. "For you are a woman I give you a chance to explain yourself, if you fail you're under arrest."

That's the Captain of Royal Gaurd for you...of course he'd say that. But he was being kind enough to offer her a chance and she wasn't an idiot to let it pass away. Kirai stood up straight to look him in the eyes, her expression unusually serious. She let out a breath before opening her mouth to speak in a calm voice. "As I said before I wasn't trying to do anything bad. I just happened to have promised a kid from town that I'd bring her the legendary flower that grants wishes from the Castle. Someone told me I'd be able to go in when the gates open today but I was late so I was trying to find an alternative route. That's all."

"Fine. Go on." Alyn turned to walk away.

"Eh? Seriously? That's all it gets to convince you!?" Kirai said in disbelief. She gave mocking laugh and yelled. "Huh I'm impressed how easily the Captain of Royal Gaurd can be manipulated. I'm afraid Wysteria's future isn't quite safe at this rate, is it, Mr. Knight!?"