Step 3

On the edge of a vast river, a little girl was sitting beside a woman who was humming under the peaceful sensation of soft wind. When the girl kept on staring at the woman, the woman dropped her gaze at the girl, grinning."Kirai~ Mama knows that she's pretty..." The woman tugged her hair behind her ear dramatically as she continued. "But still staring is rude, sweetie..."

The little girl giggled at her mothers joke, shaking her head. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to stare but...I wasn't staring at mama...I was staring at mama's new hairpin..." Her voice low as she put a hand on her blushing chubby cheek, gazing at the pin with sparkling eyes. "It's so pretty..."

Her mother blinked and dramatically sighed. She turned to look at her husband sitting beside them. "Neh Katsou-san...why did our daughter had to inherit your traits...? Even she prefers accessories over my Natural beauty..."

"You never stop wearing them so it means you prefer them over your natural beauty too, mama. So trust me, she got it from you both." A boy wrapped his arms around his mother's shoulders from behind, snuggling affectionately. "Though I honestly prefer your natural beauty~"

"Finally...finally someone who truly understands me...and my beauty..." Wiping away invisible pretend tears from her eyes, the woman softly clenched her son's arm causing him to chuckle.

The man beside them cleared his throat. "Kenichi...you know, you shouldn't hit on someone's wife right in front of them..."

"You mean I can hit on her when the husband isn't around? Mama, let's go for a walk~" The boy said mischievously.

"Kaori-san...why did our son had to inherit your traits...? He always has something to counter whatever I say..."

"Ohhoho...Katsou-san...Do I smell something burning?" Kaori sniffed as if smelling something then paused to stare at her husband. "Oh dear...it seems to come from your heart..." Narrowing her eyes she put a hand on her mouth. "...to think that you're jealous...what a rare sight I've witnessed."

Both kids blinked in surprise at their mother's comment along with Katsou. "Eh!? Rare!?"

"Otou-san...why are you shocked?" Said Kenichi.

"Obviously because its the first time I've heard that!"

"So that means you've been jealous before?" Kirai added.

"No, I haven't!"

"Fishy!"

"Agh..."

"Waha...Katsou-san, you're completely trapped~" Kaori giggled enjoying the outcome of the trap she had set.

"Totally." Kirai also giggled noticing her father's troubled blushing expression.

...

A bright light trickled Kirai's eyelids bringing her out of the dream. Sensing the pleasant scene from her memories to fade away, her whole body flinched, a sharp pain traveled through her right arm from the action. She gasped, keeping her eyes tightly shut to bear the pain as a stray tear managed to find its way out. She felt a hand on her forehead before hearing someone's voice.

Lady Kirai? Is that Shun...?

Kirai tried to open her eyes but the brightness caused them to shut again. As she tried to move her arm to cover her eyes, another shot of sharp pain ran through her arm.