Love's a Game

Simon

We've just finished breakfast, and Baz has me shoved up against a wall. We're standing in a deserted hallway, so no one else is here to see us. Baz is breathing harshly but doesn't say anything. His hands are on either side of my head, and he's standing so close that I can feel his breath on my cheek.

I'm not sure what exactly happened. I was just walking down the hall on the way to my first class, minding my own business, when I was suddenly pinned between the wall and Baz. I'm not sure what I could have done to make him angry so early in the morning. I left for breakfast before he even woke up this morning, and I didn't see him in the dining hall this morning.

"Baz," I breathe. He shakes his head, not saying anything. "Baz, what are you doing?"

"Damn it, Snow." Baz pushes himself off the wall walks away before I can say anything, and I'm too stunned to go after him.

I've got no idea what that was about. He looked like he wanted to do or say something. But he didn't. He must be plotting something, and I have to figure out what it is.

Baz

"Snow, what are you doing?" I sneer. "Let go of me."

He has me pushed up against a wall this time. I don't know what I was thinking this morning, and I had hoped he would just pretend it didn't happen. Apparently, that's too much to ask for because here we are in almost the same position we were a couple of hours ago.

He almost looks as surprised as I feel. It looks like he didn't really think this through before he decided to confront me between classes. I relax into the wall as much as possible with his vice-like grip on my arms. I try to look as calm as I can so that he won't be able to see what his proximity is doing to me.

He's staring at lips, which makes me look at his. I wonder how they would feel. Probably warm, much warmer than mine at least. They'd probably feel really soft, too. If I leaned forward just a bit, I would know. I force myself to look anywhere but his lips. Thinking about kissing Snow is definitely a bad idea.

My eyes meet his, and I can't read the expression there. I'm not sure whether he noticed me staring at his lips.

"Crap," Snow whispers before turning and walking away. I just stand there watching him until he turns a corner.

Snow

As soon as I turn the corner, I start running. I need to get away from Baz as fast as possible. I can't believe that I was just thinking about kissing him. I'm pretty sure he saw me staring at his lips, too. I shouldn't have pushed him up against a wall without some sort of plan. If he ever finds out that I have slight feelings toward him and dream about kissing him, he would kill me for sure.

We share the next couple of classes with each other, and I'm going to have to work hard not to stare at him and think about running my fingers through his dark hair or kissing his widow's peak. I shake my head to clear it of those thoughts and head in the direction of the classroom.

Baz

I'm not sure what to make of Snow today. Usually, I can feel his heated gaze on me throughout our classes because he thinks I'm plotting something. But today, it seems like he's trying to avoid looking at me. I turn around in my seat slightly to look at him. The movement must catch his attention because he immediately looks at him. I smile at him and turn back around. It isn't my usual sneer, and it will probably send him spiraling with a bunch of questions.