You'll Always Be My Princess

A/N: This fic was so much fun to write, and I think it might be one of my favorite fics that I've written. I hope you like it!

Thank you @wo2ash and @pixiecodesnowbaz on Tumblr for beta reading!! <3

Remember that you can find me on Tumblr and ao3 with the username: angelsfalling16

Simon

The sky outside the window is dark, filling with clouds as the sun sets and the moon rises to take its place. The windows are thrown open, which drives Baz crazy, but I don't care. It allows me to feel the warm breeze as I sit on my bed, struggling to work. I can't seem to concentrate because my eyes keep drifting over to the other occupant of the room, trying to figure out whether I should be worried about him. His hair is in the way, having fallen out of its slicked back state as the day dragged on, and it's blocking his face from view. Despite this, I still can't bring myself to look away.

He hasn't been acting very suspicious recently, which is in itself suspicious. He's almost always up to something, so this must be the calm before the storm. He has to be plotting something.

"Stop staring at me, Snow," he sneers without turning away from whatever he's working on at his desk. No doubt, he's not having any trouble at all with his homework. He never has trouble with it.

I'm glad that he doesn't look at me because it means that he can't see the blush spreading on my cheeks from getting caught thinking about his hair instead of reading the book in front of me. I consider denying it for a moment, but I'm too tired to argue with him right now.

"Stop calling me Snow," I say with a yawn, closing my book and deciding that I'm going to shower and get ready for bed. I've had enough of reading the same paragraph over and over without taking anything.

"Why?" He asks, turning around to look at me now as I stand up. "It's your name."

"Why can't you just call me Simon?" I ask him, stretching my arms above my head as I walk over to grab some clean clothes to change into.

He looks at me with disgust before sneering, "I don't want to."

"Well, I don't want you to call me Snow."

"Fine. I won't call you Snow anymore."

I'm caught of guard by how easily he agrees to it. We have been having this argument for years, so why is he giving in now? I look at him suspiciously, but he turns back to the paper he had been previously writing on.

I stand there for another moment, wondering whether I should confront him. But then another yawn takes hold, and I decide that I can wait until tomorrow to figure this out. He was probably just trying to placate me, and the next time that he says something to me, he'll call me Snow again, followed by an insult. We'll go right back to normal, and I can go back to figuring out what he's plotting.

***

On the way to my second class of the morning the next day, my eyes fall on Baz as we pass by each other. He sneers at me as usual, and I remember the conversation that we had last night.

He was gone from the room when I got out of the shower, probably having gone off to the Catacombs like he does most nights, so I still don't know whether he plans on sticking to his word.

I'm not watching where I'm going as I glare at the strand of hair that has miraculously managed to stray from its slick-backed state. When someone bumps into me, I just barely keep myself from falling, but my shoulder bumps against Baz's pretty hard. He manages not to stumble, balance perfect as always.

He glares at me as I move away from him, trying not to knock into anyone else as I do.

"Watch where you're going, Sn—." He cuts himself off with a cough, covering it up. Then, a wicked grin spreads across his face, and he says, "Watch where you're going, shnookums."