chapter five

Chapter five is here. I hope you enjoy

I dedicate this chapter to @Michellessien
Thanks so much for your support.. I love you lots.

Lizbeth's POV

" She just stormed off when I told her about it. " I heard my dad say.

"Well Mr. Robin, we had a deal and I expect you to keep your end of the deal. You know the kind of person I am. I'm not one who jokes. I don't think you'd appreciate any form of torture from me. I do not care what you do. Your daughter, or you get  killed,along with her. " the man said in a very intimidating tone which made the strands of hair at the back of my head stand. He didn't look like he was joking. I watched as all the colour drained from dad's face immediately he heard the man's words. His face paled completely, fear and regret evident on his face.

Mr. Picasso was a tall, bald man,probably  in his fifties. He was wearing a clearly expensive tuxedo and a Rolex watch . I couldn't see his shoes from where I was standing. He was so intimidating, I wouldn't be shocked if my dad has pissed in his pants already. There were two very muscular men standing behind him ,wearing dark glasses. They looked so scary.

" Mr -Mr . Picasso, I understand."dad said clearing his throat. "I'll - I'll do anything to keep my end of the deal. Just don't hurt my daughter. " dad replied stuttering. He was scared to death, I could clearly see."I'll speak to her again when she comes back from school. "

" That wouldn't be necessary Mr. Robin. You could speak to her right now  . She's right here. " Mr. Picasso said. My eyes widened, since I was caught off guard. I didn't expect to get caught. My dad turned his head to the direction Mr Pablo was looking. Dad's eyes were not bloodshot. The first time in a long time I had seen him sober.

" Beth" that was how my parents called me.

" No dad, you don't get to call me that anymore. You lost those rights the very moment you decided to sell me off to the devil. " I shot back,glaring murderously at both the man and my dad. If looks could actually kill, I'm sure they'll be lying in a pool if blood, with their stupid heads blown off.

I honestly didn't know where the courage I used to speak suddenly came from.

" Watch the way you speak to the boss, woman " one of the scary men said almost immediately in a heavily accented Italian tone

" No, no Sanchez, let her be. " he said calmly, with an evil grin.

I ran upstairs when I felt tears weld up in my eyes. I couldn't let them see me cry. I had to wear the strong-girl face. I was disappointed in my dad.

.....

Writer's POV

" She's in here final year right, Mr Robin " Pablo asked.

" Y-yes , she is" Mr Robin replied.

" okay then. She's good enough. Feisty and all, yes, she'll make a good mafia queen " said Pablo.

"Uh.. yes, she will ". Robin replied. Robin knew his daughter very much and knew she wouldn't accept such a ridiculous offer for anything in the world. He was very scared, not exactly for his life, but that of his daughter. He loved her very much but when under the influence of alcohol, he makes irrational decisions,he regrets very much. After his wife died, he was troubled completely and resorted to drinking alcohol.

He knew very well that Pablo Picasso was a very wicked man who showed no mercy to people who owed him in anyway.

"okay then, I'll take my leave, but I will be back " Pablo said stressing on the 'back'.

Mr. Robin gulped and nodded

...

" Sanchez?" Pablo called

" Boss? " he replied

" Keep an eye on the girl, her every move and all" . He said

" yes sir" .

.....

Lizbeth's POV

I lost track of time while crying in my room till I fell asleep. Shortly after I woke up, I heard two swift knocks on my door and I knew it was my dad because Abby never knocks when entering my room. She was like a sister to me. I ignored and pretended I was still asleep. He's probably been knocking the door since. It won't hurt if he keeps knocking. I want him to know how disappointed and hurt I am.

After laying in bed a little longer,l went to take a shower. While I was drying my hair I heard him knocking again.

" Beth,i know you're awake. Please just hear me out. Let's talk. I'm so sorry for this, just please" . I  didn't feel like talking to him just yet.

I went to stand in front of my dressing mirror and - oh God ,I was complete mess. I looked like a walking dead - a zombie.

I decided to go and take a walk to clear my brain. My eyes were so puffy and bloodshot from the crying so I wore hoodie to cover my face.

I heard my dad mention my name when I was at the door but I rushed out quickly.

I was walking face-down when I suddenly bumped into someone causing the person's books to scatter on the ground.

"oh my God I'm so sorry", I said quickly picking up the books without looking up.

I hurried off without looking up. I didn't want anyone to realize I'd been crying. But the person's cologne smelled familiar, I just couldn't place who it belonged. I shrugged it off and continued.

I went to Mrs. Moore's cafe and bought myself some brownies and latte. Brownies were my favorite. Mum will always bake brownies for me on weekends. The mere thought of my mother brought tears to my eyes. If mum were alive, I wouldn't go through any of this.

Mrs. Moore noticed my tears. She was an old petite woman in her early sixties. She ran the shop with her husband Mr. Moore until he died recently. Her two sons lived in New York and visit her occasionally.

" Darling, are you alright? " she asked in a motherly tone,which even caused more tears to flow, I missed mum. I nodded in response and sat down.

" Liz, you know you can talk to me anytime you want to right? "

I nodded again,this time I spoke up.

" I miss mum so much. She used to bake brownies for me when she was alive. "

Mrs Moore waited a bit and spoke.

" Liz, your mother was a very good  woman, you know that right?, and I don't think she would be happy to see you cry. Everything sure happens for a reason. Be strong my dear. We are all here for you, including your dad". I mentally rolled my eyes at her last sentence. If she only knew what terrible thing my dad had gotten "us" into." I nodded and hugged her before I left her shop.

A/N: okay okay some of the readers are wondering if Travis and Dwayne are the same people.. NO ..they're not. I rewrote the whole chapter so please forget that the first one I wrote existed. Travis is another student in Wesleyan College . The most popular rich kid.

Yes so chapter five is up loviiieees. Sorry for the late update. Your thoughts please. Don't forget to vote and comment.