chapter ten

A/N : please ignore any errors, I'll edit this book in due time. Thank you

I dedicate this chapter to
@gyekyeloisglenin

Lizbeth's POV

"Liz wake up! Dammit it's eight am already. Deon and Dwayne are coming over to complete our assignment in four hours. What's wrong with you! You've been sleeping like a tsetse fly bit you. " Abby yelled, pulling the comforter off me.

I let out an angry low growl. I was so tired, I needed my beauty sleep. The week was hectic and all I really needed was to sleep but here comes that damned assignment.

I crawled lazily out of bed ,towards the bathroom ,rubbing my eyes with the back of my hand . My hair was a mess so I shampooed it with my strawberry scented shampoo. After bathing I let Abby curl my hair . I wore a grey sweatshirt over my tank top, coupled it with faded shorts which ended mid-tigh and black flats. Abby was downstairs preparing breakfast, pancakes, bacon, orange juice and scrambled eggs. The smell of the mouth watering bacon had me salivating almost immediately I descended the stairs.

"Good morning Ms. Walker" I greeted. She flashed me a warm motherly smile. " Good morning darling. And oh stop calling me that, can you not call me mum? " she said, glaring playfully. My heart warmed at her words and I blushed slightly

"Yes mum" I replied smiling shyly .

"Okay girls momma 's gotta go. See y'all later. " she said .

"Have a nice day mum" we said in unison.

"You too loves bye! "

I joined Abby in the kitchen as she served breakfast. We usually ate breakfast at the island in the kitchen.

"Ouuuu this tastes like heaven! " I said and Abby rolled her eyes. She knew she was a good cook.

"Yeah yeah, I know. When has it never been good? Huh? "

I playfully rolled my eyes and finished my breakfast.

A few hours later, Abby and I prepared one of Abby's favourite meals, Calas (made of deep-fried cooked rice, yeast and a couple of other ingredients) for the boys and us, to eat while doing our project. Two knocks on a the front door startled us while setting the table and I ran towards the door, revealing the two boys in our project group. A smile made its way to my face and I motioned for them to come in. Deon was wearing a black buttoned up shirt with a pair of pants and Dwayne wore a plain white chase deer shirt with a pair of denim jeans and a black jacket. They both looked so hot!

"hey"i said, smiling a bit awkwardly.

"hello" they both replied simultaneously.

"make yourself at home" I said and they both sat in the two-person couch in the living room.

"hey guys" Abby said as she walked into the living room from the kitchen. I don't know but I think I noticed her wink at Deon. I made a mental note to ask her about it when the two boys were out of earshot . I gave her the 'I noticed that and you're soooo telling me later' kind of look and she shrugged .

"How about we have lunch before we start? Abby and I prepared Calas. " I asked. They both nodded. I noticed Dwayne's hesitation but he still nodded.

......

"Lunch was great. Thanks. You two don't look like you can cook so well. " Deon said smiling.

"Oh please, you're not expecting us to have vegetables in our hair or jewelry and clothes made of cooking utensils to show we can actually cook you know. " I replied and they all burst into fits laughter, including Dwayne. Dwayne and Deon were somewhat alike. They were both quiet and spoke when necessary. Dwayne looked like the reading type and Deon spent most of his free time typing away on his phone, probably playing games or something.

Their laughter was cut off by a loud obnoxious ring tone ,which happened to be mine. Deon rolled his eyes at my ring tone - Angel by fifth harmony . Of course, boys weren't really all hype with fifth harmony because they were girls.

I picked up without checking the caller ID.

"Hello mio amore. " I froze, his obnoxious voice filled my ears. I could hear my heart beating furiously in my chest, threatening to pop out at any moment. Why was he calling me? How did he get my number? Dad! Dad probably gave it to him. The stunned look on my face was a major give-away that something was definitely wrong.

"what's wrong Liz? " Abby's soothing voice brought me back to earth. I felt the tears that had already formed in my eyes threaten to fall and I blinked continuously to hold them back. I noticed a hint of worry flash in Deon's eyes but Dwayne kept a completely impassive look.

I looked at the caller ID. It was an unknown number, but I knew it was him. That cocky evil bloodsucking creature.

"Lizbeth! " Abby asked again. I couldn't speak. I had lost my voice completely.

"Mio amore, how are you doing?" his nasty accented voice rang through my ears. I cringed at what he called me. I still couldn't even find my voice, I couldn't move or even cut the call. Abby immediately snatched the phone to look at the ID.

"Is it...? " she asked slowly, not completing her sentence as to not give information to our new audience. I nodded slowly and I saw a look of complete anger on her face and she placed the phone close to her ears.

"Now listen you motherfucking perverted asswhole. Don't you ever, everrrrr call my best friend again. You might take my threat as a joke but I swear that you if do anything to her, I'll personally end your shameless life, you pedofile. " she said angrily and disconnected the call. I know whatever Abby said was useless , Pablo is a very powerful mafia.

"Liz, we need to tell the police. You can't live like this! " I just shook my head slowly, I had no energy to talk.

"what's going on? " Deon asked.

"it's, it's nothing ". Abby replied quickly.

"no, something is wrong, and you're going to tell us now. We could help" Dwayne's low voice surprised me.

I looked at Abby and nodded for her to talk. They can't help but it doesn't look like they'd leave without being told.

"Her dad's getting her married to an Italian mafia"

"I don't get it, elaborate " Deon said

I managed to gather some strength and spoke " my dad, he drinks, and gambles. He was out of money and used me as replacement when he lost to Pablo Picasso. He's powerful, he threatened to kill my dad and I if we involved the police or acted smart. " I said, my voice cracking at the end. I allowed the tears to flow freely as Abby held me in her arms, comfortingly.

An annoyed look replaced Dwayne's impassive one, almost like he would strangle Pablo to death if he lays his hands on him or probably like he has experienced the situation before. His jaw tighten and his fists clenched . Deon said nothing. He was too shocked to speak, I guess.

A/N: okay now the boys know what's up? Was it a good idea to tell them? What's Deon and Dwayne thinking?

oopsie. Sorry for the late update, I've been quite busy. Ignore all grammatical errors and typos please. I'll edit this book, once it's completed. Thank you.

Abby and Deon 😱😱 what's up with those two ? Want to ship them yet?

Your thoughts loves. I need to know what my readers think.

Don't forget to vote and comment too! It's what motivates Writer's to keep writing. Thank youuu. Love y'all.