chapter seventeen

Picture of Dwayne above. Isn't he irresistibly handsome loves?

Lizbeth's POV

The sound of my alarm clock going off, woke me up. I cringed slightly when I felt a slight throbbing in my head. I unconsciously squinted my eyes, wondering why I was still wearing my clothes from yesterday, then it hit me.

The events from last night invaded my memory. The last thing remember was crying and eventually falling asleep in Dwayne's arms. He must have carried me here. I wiped the traitor tear that rolled down my cheek. That is my fate. To end up with a ruthless mafia. I had to eventually come to terms with my fate. I knew I had to, but I just couldn't. My heart shattered into miniscule pieces at the thought of how soon it would be.

I dragged myself out off bed into the shower. My face was puffed with bags underneath my eyes from crying. I took an Advil to calm my headache after wearing a loose black shirt with 'Bratz' imprinted on it, coupled it with a pair of blue skinny jeans and my usual converse. I tight my hair in a loose bun and applied a tad of concealer, to hide my bags.

......

I finally accepted that fate was definitely not a fan of me when I spotted Travis coming my direction immediately I got out of business management class. I sighed inwardly, not wanting to talk to him. I tried to walk quickly but I heard him yell my name. He looked gorgeous in his hair of ripped jeans and a long sleeved polo shirt .

He smirked with a charming wink, sexy enough to have any girl dropping her panties at his feet , "Missed me right? I know you're shy to say it applecakes" oh God. I tried so hard to resist the urge to curse his shitty narcissism but I miserably failed. "Damn you egoistic narcissist" I muttered lowly under my breath rolling my eyes, making him chuckle.

"What's up? You look like death" he breathed.

"Gee, thanks. Way to ruin my mood " I replied, glaring at him.

"Sorry, but truth's gotta be said baby" he winked at me and playfully punched him in the gut. "Don't call me baby, you piggie."

"Ouch. I'm no piggie!! "he mocked hurt. " And geez you punch like a freaking boxer! " he exclaimed

"Yes you are so suck it up. And that's what you get for saying I look like death, you ass. See you later Trav. " I said smiling starting to walk away .

"Trav? " he asked, raising a questioning brow at me, a teasing smile displayed on his perfect lips.

"Just shut up Michaels " I rolled my eyes ,finally walking away.
....

At lunch I was quiet the whole time. My mind just kept wandering about, trying to figure out what to do. I tried avoiding Abby's questions but she wouldn't budge. Earlier, I told Dwayne not to tell anyone about the rose and the card from Pablo. He objected, thinking it was a bad idea. But informing Abby would just make things worse. That girl can be a nutcase sometimes and she's his main target already. He reluctantly agreed, understanding what I meant.

"Liz are you okay? " Abby asked, for the third time and I raised my head to see all three pair of eyes watching me expectantly. "Don't tell me there is nothing wrong because I won't take that shitty excuse, you haven't even touched your food, and you've zoned out completely. Not to mention the fact that you've been snapping at everyone, the least chance you get . Is this about Travis? Did he do anything? Because if he did I swear I'll chop his balls- "

"Abby!-" I cut her rant. "This isn't about Travis. So stop thinking about murderous stuff here. Gosh. " I said, my voice wavering a tad.

She glared at me, making me flinch slightly.

"I'm okay Abby. I mean it." I sighed.

"I call bullshit on that, start. talking. now before I make you! " she exclaimed, slamming her fists on the table dramatically. A couple of heads snapped to our table, but only Dwayne's glares caused all of them to quickly avert their gazes.

"Maybe she's PMSing." Deon said, chuckling making Abby shoot daggers at him. He raises his hands in surrender.

"No I'm not PMSing! " I exclaimed, throwing the napkin at him. "Yeah right, you're not. Then explain your pms-y behavior " he said.

Realising there was no way out, I gave Dwayne the 'help me out' look. He understood and started telling them about the events of yesterday.

"Whoa" Deon muttered lowly. Abby immediately paled when Dwayne said she might be used as a leverage to get to me. She stayed quiet the whole time Dwayne spoke.

A few seconds after, Abby started coughing, and her breath laboured. She kept coughing and wheezing. Then I realized she was having her asthma attack. She hasn't had it in a long time, like six years probably. It usually occurs when her emotions go haywire. Right now, she was scared to death.

"Where's her bag." I asked Deon while Dwayne tried to control the emerging crowd. He quickly passed her bag and I searched her bag for her inhaler but I didn't find it.

"Here." I heard her familiar bitchy voice behind me. I wished I could just snap at her, but now wasn't the time, plus I don't have that kind of courage.

"Thanks Nayomi " I muttered, practically snatching the inhaler from her and giving it to Abby to take three shots. After a while, she calmed down but she passed out. Deon carried her to the school's clinic.

"How is she?" Dwayne and I nervously asked at the same time, when Deon got out of the room.

"Same state" he mumbled. I sighed and sat on the chair, close to Dwayne.

.....

"She's up now. She wants to talked to you. " Deon spoke. A wave of relief washed over me " I'll just get her something to eat, I'll be back in a bit " I replied, and left to get a cup of frappuccino and cookies.

"How are you feeling? You scared me shitless girl" I said calmly, hugging her and rubbing soothing circles at her back.

"I'm scared for us" she whispered, her voice slightly wavering

"Shhhh. It's okay. We're okay. Everything is going to be okay. It's not going to be as easy as a walk in the park, but I assure you, you'd be safe. I'm so sorry AB. By the way, I got you some fraps and cookies. " she nodded and sniffed against my shoulder .

Deon and Dwayne came in shortly after.

"Hey man" I said teasingly at Deon. "she's not going to die, so stop killing yourself already ." he whacked my head upside playfully.

"Ouch. Idiot" I said ,glaring playfully at him, earning a small smile from him.

"I'll go call the nurse, so she could get discharged " Dwayne said, walking out. A few minutes later, the nurse came in to examine Abby and we were on our way home. Deon drove us to Abby's house. "Deon, why do you have a car if you live in the school hostels? " I asked out of curiosity.

"I usually go home, a lot. My house is actually outside town. So I need a car. "

"Okay, thanks though" I said and helped Abby out of the car, to her room.
......
"Oh my God! What the hell? " Abby yelled angrily at the sight before her, and stormed off to her room. I awkwardly followed her. Things just keep getting worse everyday.

A/N: Sorry for the late update. I was dealing with a writer's block.

Your thoughts loves?

Don't forget to VOTE and comment. Thank you.