Chapter 11

Derek sends an annoyed side glance to Stiles, who he finds slumped over and snoring quietly. He was so intent on ignoring the teen, he hadn't noticed Stiles sleeping.

With a sigh, Derek reaches over to close Stiles' laptop. After adding a few last things that he doesn't want to forget by morning, Derek rummages through some unpacked boxes until finding a blanket and pillow. Since Stiles is already asleep, he sets the pillow on the floor next to him. He carefully places the duvet over the boys limp body and tucks him in, considering Derek keeps his loft pretty chilly.

"Goodnight, Stiles," Derek whispers before shutting off the last light and going to his bedroom for some rest.

***

"Ahh—! What the!?" Stiles exclaims as he frantically wipes at his face and nearly falls off the sofa. He opens his eyes to see Derek holding a cup of water above his head with a smirk. "What was that for?!"

"For not waking up," Derek shrugs back, not fazed by the outraged teen, "It's almost noon."

"Yeah? And when did you wake up, Mr. Perfect?" Stiles snarls back. He's far from being a morning person, and getting cold water poured on him doesn't make that any better. "Six," Derek states. Stiles rolls his eyes and mumbles, "Of course you did."

"Stop being a brat and take you medicine," Derek calls from the kitchen. "I didn't bring it!" He shouts back. With that, Stiles starts fumming around for his car keys. He finds them next to a bottle of Adderall with his name on it. Sighing, he picks up the container and screws off the cap to dump a pill into the palm of his hand. Derek re-enters with a new glass of water, which he hands to the other boy.

"Thanks," Stiles mumbles before downing both of them. "How did you get my medication anyway?"

"I picked it up this morning." Stiles just nods and gets off the couch to use the bathroom.

Since he's barely awake, Stiles is overly clumsy with his walking. He nearly runs into a few things, and makes it back with stubbing his toe once.

He groans and rubs his eyes upon seeing Derek typing away at his laptop. "Guess that means we're already working," he mumbles while yawning. His foot catches on Derek's as he's passing by, sending the sleepy teen hurdling toward the ground. Derek reacts in an instant, his computer being held out of harms way while he catches Stiles with his other arm and pulls him toward the couch.

Stiles lands securely into the Hales lap with his eyes squeezed shut, still mentally preparing himself to hit the hard cement. When he finally realizes he's no longer falling, his eyes shoot open to his new realization.

Derek is staring back at him with the most neutral face, but Stiles can see the pain and longing in his eyes. He's always been like this; carrying things that aren't his fault. Stiles doesn't even notice how his feature shift to those same things. He's missed Derek, and it took him a hell of a long time to get over losing his best friend. It's even worse with him being back though, and thats something Stiles never imagined. He always thought they would fall back into the pattern of who they were before...but they're so different now. Stiles didn't see himself falling for Derek once he returned, or that Derek would lug all this hate for him around. But right now, staring into the eyes of Derek Hale, he feels he can change all of that.

Stiles lips are against Derek's before his brain can even catch up with what he's doing. It's too late to turn back now, because Derek is kissing back, he's clutching Stiles shirt like he could disappear at any moment. It's full desire and yearning, it's soft but meaningful, and it's over all too soon.

Derek pushes Stiles off from him and is on his feet, panting. "You need to leave," he growls. His sorrowful eyes have switched to anger and hurt, and Stiles thinks he might have just fucked things up even more.