Chapter 3

Todays the day.

Todays the finals.

Todays... Yuzunami's birthday.

I jolt up from my bed, sweating and breaths short and uneven.

"Just a.... Nightmare," I sigh and get up, glancing at the clock I that was placed on my cupboard beside my bed.

The clock read 6:42 a.m.

Its still way too early, the bus wouldnt leave until some time after 10:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.

Already too awake to go back to sleep I get ready in an extra jersey I had bought and grey shorts.

Grabbing my sports bag, I slid my jacket on and left.

When I arrived at the gym, I saw the light were already on.

I peeked in the gym and saw most of the starters on the team already there, but coach and Saitou-sensei were no where to be seen.

"Ah, morning Shirabu-san!" Goshiki yelled out after landing from a spiking a ball Semi-san had sent to him.

"The hell are you all doing up this early?" I groaned, placing my bag beside the gym door.

"Most of us got up too early, others," Taichi then pointed to Goshiki who had ran back to Semi-san asking for more spikes.

"Were too excited." He finished.

"Eh...." was all I said. But does that really count as saying something? Meh, whatever.

Since I was too lazy to play, I sat down beside my bag and started looking through Instagram. I got bored after a while and turned it off.

Suddenly my phone started vibrating, opening it, I saw that someone was calling me.

"What is it?"

"Yo! Shirabu!" "My child Kenji!" Tabi and Yuu said in unison.

"Yuu, I'm older than you by like, five months and Tabi how do you even have my number?"

"I have my ways!" Tabi answered.

"Right..."

"So we meeting up at the usual place after the match?" Yuu asked, his voice cheery as usual.

"Well duh, where else would we meet up?" I asked in a bored tone.

"True. Oh yeah I just remembered," Tabi said.

In the background I heard Goshiki ask me who I was talking to, then everyone was crowded around me. I rolled my eyes and glared at them.

Moving my phone from my ear I said to them, "Hold on for a sec,"

"Do you mind? Im talking to some friends," I glared at them.

Goshiki and Tendou-san gasped dramatically in unison.

"Shirabu-san-" "-Has friends?!"

"You fucking shits can I just continue talking to them?"

"We never said you couldnt." Said Taichi.

"You called Karasuno's libero your friend before. Is he the one calling you?" Ushijima-san suddenly asked.

I deadpanned at him then nodded. "Him and some guy from my middle school."

"Rude much!" Tabi yelled from the phone, loud enough for my teammates to hear.

"Can we speak to them?" Ushijima-san asked, taking me aback.

"Uh, sure," I put the call on speaker.

"Kenji!! Your taking too long! I wanna hear what Shunki remembered!" Yuu whined.