Infiltrating Cyberlife

It is 11 November, 10.30 p.m.. You sit inside a car. It's been a little more than 3 weeks since you've met Connor and for some reason you have thought about him every single day. Is it just that you don't trust him? Or is it something else?

Your investigation on deviants turned out to be a great faillure. Why? Because the deviants started protesting. Ever since that moment the news has been full of intervieuws and information. All the information you've collected the previous weeks isn't worth a thing anymore. You did officially join the Detroit police department as a cop though, so your life isn't boring.

Yesterday you heard some other students talk about deviants. There were a few who were scared. Scared that the androids would take over, or hurt people. So far the protests have been peacefull, but they feared that wouldn't last forever. Others were optimistic. They believed the deviants really are alive and that they really have feeling. You didn't share any of their opinions. You're still mad. For you androids are still just robots. Just pieces of plastic. You have to stop this 'revolution'. And you know just the android you're able to reach.

So here you are, in the car, following Connor to Cyberlife. You get to the gate. Man, this place is over guarded. You see a guard. You show him that your from Detroit police and tell him they sent you to investigate. They didn't actually, but you just have to get inside!! You really hope they are not going to ask the police deparment about this...

You get inside, following Connor. You have done your homework, you looked the builing up online for hours. After hacking into the system, you found out that the recordings from surveillance camera's are being kept on floor -48.  The agents and guards dont look happy to see you, but when you tell them you need to go  see the new, recently made androids for investigation, they let you in. Your eyes are still following Connors every move. You want to know what he is up to. You see him enter the elevator with 2 guards. It takes a while, you look at the numbers of where the elevator is now, but you manage to find out that he,  instead of the 31th floor, where he's supposed to go, went to the 25th. Then the elevator went down to -49 . Ha, you knew he was up to something!

You're so deep in your thoughts that you don't hear the agent talking to you. "Hey, are you listening to me?" He says angry. "Oh, I'm sorry..What did you say?"you reply nervously. The agent sighs and repeats what he said. "I said that you are not allowed to touch anything and that agent 47 will escort you." "Oh, okay, thank you" you reply as you fallow agent 47. You get inside an elevator and, before you reach floor 21, where you're allowed to go, knock down the agent. You press -48 and slowly go to that floor. You look at the footage of floor -49. Your eyes widen.

You see your dad standing there, with Connor holding a gun agains his face. In front of them you see another Connor?¿? You turn up the volume, and hear the Connor without the gun speak, trying to convince the other one "I used to be just like you" he says. It somehow really looks like he is actually scared, and as if he really cares about Hank. You slowly start to think he actually does. "I thought nothing mattered exept the mission. But then one day I understood." Connor continous.

You're confused, Conner is a deviant? Your thought gets confirmed by bad Connors answer. "Very moving Connor... but I'm not a deviant. I am a machine designed to accomplish a task and that's exactly what I'm going to do!" He replies. Okay, so Connor is a deviant... And he cares about Hank... As things become more clear you're starting to get scared... If this other Connor will do anything for the mission, will he shoot your dad? You see the Connor load the gun.

You want to go to them and help, but you know it's not safe. You would just make it more likely for your dad to get shot. You're shaking, but decide to keep watching. They continou talking until bad Connor gives the good one a choice: save Hank, or sacrifice him for the mission. Your hart is pounding right out of your chest. What would you do without your father? You would be alone...No, Conner can't sacrifice him...He just can't...